Roasted Garlic Grilled Chicken on the JJ

Tyson

TVWBB Super Fan
I tried some new charcoal today, for fun, and decided to take some pictures of the chicken I grilled for dinner. Flattened some chicken breast rubbed down with EVOO, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Penzeys roasted garlic (amazing), onion powder, and a little paprika. My standard method for grilled chicken, plus the new Penzeys roasted garlic. Ever since I got this roasted garlic it's what I grab every time. The garlic flavor is stronger and sticks around better on food, IMHO.

Here is a link to the new Kingsford Natural Lump Briquets thread. I posted some pictures on there.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?57792-kingsford-natural-lump-briquettes

Picture of the charcoal I used in the JJ for this cook. The JJ is hiding from the camera.

Chicken on the JJ. I cooked the first side with the lid off. I don't want the other side to cook yet, so I can get better grill marks.

Shot of my table that turns all my grills into performers... :rolleyes:

Flipped over and ready to close the lid to finish the cook. I had to let that top left breast cook a little longer. Was a bit colder on that side!... :mad:

Like I said, one of the breast needed more time. Oh and the piece on the very left in this picture was sold as a breast if you can believe that. They hid it in the package. LOL
The best part is the SWMBO wanted that little one. She said, "I want the little guy." I responded, "No, that one is defective." Of course she got her way...

Here is your plate. Well technically it was my plate, but I'll fix you one.

I love the JJ for these quick cooks and grills chicken perfectly every time. Worth picking one up. I see some people posting low N slow cooks on a JJ. Just amazing.

Have great cooks,

Tyson

Tyson;
That's a GOOD lookin' cook! I, too, am a fan of the Jumbo Joe. I use mine for a lot of the smaller cooks even tho' I have a couple of Performers - it's THAT good!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Grate cook up. I too really like the JJ. It works well for long cooks and seems to be very efficient with the fuel; I've done a few long cooks. Easy to control a constant low temp too.

Nice cook Tyson, don't have a JJ but just picked up a SJ at a yard sale and love it for quick cooks.

Great looking chicken Tyson. Like Rich said we love the SJ just right for quick cooks.

Great looking meals Tyson - love the technique you used to get those grill marks...

Regards,

John

Back