Roadside Find II

Bobby P

TVWBB Super Fan
Back in October I found a Genesis gasser I cleaned up and gave to my stepdaughter. Yesterday while driving back from fishing I saw a SS Performer looking all sad and neglected on the curb. Needless to say I took her home with me gave her a good solid cleaning with a razor scraper, #00 steelwool, and some Simple Green. When all was said and done she cleaned up real nice. The gas assist is missing pieces, but that's no big deal. I have a few chimney starters.

weberperf8.jpgweberperf9.jpgweberperf5.jpgweberperf4.jpgweberperf2.jpgweberperf7.jpg

Thats a roadside beauty, what are you missing from the gas assist, the regulator and the gas can?

Bobby, that is a great find, and really nice job cleaning it up. I have your grill's twin, and I also grabbed it for $0 from the curb! I haven't used the gas assist on mine since the mini tank went out of certification date so I can't get it filled anymore. I've got the adapter for the green coleman propane canisters, but I find it's just about as easy to light off a chimney with my torch.

Enjoy the heck out of that grill!

R

Thats a roadside beauty, what are you missing from the gas assist, the regulator and the gas can?

Yep, the regulator and the can. It's no big deal though, I really don't mind. It would have been nice though.

Back