Roadside Chicken After Five Years

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
After seeing Jim Lampe’s post on Roadside Chicken and finding out the last time we made it was five years ago it was a must do.
Marinated the chicken for about seven hours.

Fired up the performer with KBB.
Turned and basted the chicken indirect about every ten minutes until it hit 165.
100_5817.JPG
100_5823.JPG

Sided with some Brussels sprouts and a smashed baker.
100_5826.JPG
100_5828.JPG

Really forgot how good Roadside chicken is.
Definitely going back into the rotation.

Stay safe and have a great weekend

I've been having similar thoughts and just took some bird pieces out of the freezer for tomorrow.

Great looking meal.

Okay, shoot me, but I have never made RSC. Have heard of it but never got around to making it. Where do I find a Good recipe? Thanks. Richard.

That's what I love about this site, Rich, always giving me ideas on what I should cook next! :) Chicken looks great (.....and, I have to admit, I've never made it before even after seeing all of the great versions here over the years!)

R

I will be trying to make RSC for the first time soon, got a pack of drumsticks that are going to be turned into RSC, and I will be serving that with some roasted sprouts. After Jim's sprouts with his tritip yesterday and your today Rich I can't wait.

Time fly's, nice roadside chicken Rich and Barb. Jim Lampe is getting us all cooking again....

Back