RIP: Cliff Bartlett

Cliff was a great cook and photo shooter of those cooks, he had detail and made it look easy. I also liked his Witt, look at things.
RIP Cliff ,we miss you.

This news makes me really sad. I remember when out of the blue Cliff just stopped posting. It made me really worried for him, but I hope for the best, that he was still cooking, just not posting. I remember starting to write a PM to him a few times, just asking how he was doing...if he was alright, but never sending it, as I didn't know the right protocol for when someone stops posting. I was and still am inspired by Cliff and his cooking. He was an amazing cook and storyteller. I have caught myself over the last year looking at old cooks of his that I continue to try to mimic his cooking methods. I always hope he would turn back up and start posting again with "its been awhile"... I wish that were true. My life and belly are fuller for having come across Cliff here on this site. Chris, thank you for sharing your findings and for gives us this platform to share, connect, and learn.

Just seeing this now. Cliff's cooks and posts were inspirational to me. Like someone else mentioned, if you wanted to see the best cooks, Cliff was the one to provide it.

Not sure they will ever see this, but my sincere condolences to his family. He will be in my thoughts as a fellow Veteran.

This was heartbreaking. I went by his house on the way to deer camp, August 2021 (yeah, kalifornia makes you hunt in the dead of summer) and saw that it was for sale. I figured he past away or got put in a home. He would have surely picked death over being in a home. Godspeed Cliff

Back