RIP: Cliff Bartlett

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It's my sad duty to report that another TVWBB member has passed away: Cliff Bartlett.

Cliff's last post was on March 18, 2021. For quite some time, member Rich G and I were concerned about Cliff's absence from the forum and were unable to reach him, nor was I able to find an online obituary for him. This past Monday, while checking a genealogy website, I discovered that a Clifford Bartlett from Millville, CA (near Redding) died on May 17, 2021 and was buried in Igo, CA, home of the Northern California Veterans Cemetery. I called the cemetery, gave them the name, and they confirmed that a Clifford Bartlett is buried there. When I searched Cliff's posts for "veteran", I found this post confirming his veteran status:

I also found a mention online that Cliff had previously lived in Petaluma, CA. When I searched his posts for "Petaluma", I found this post confirming that he used to live in Petaluma:

Cliff joined our online community on January 21, 2014 and posted 11,411 messages over the course of 2,668 days, or about 4.3 posts per day! He was a prolific cook and poster, and he inspired many of us with countless posts in the Photo Gallery forum of the delicious foods he made and photographed.

Rest in peace, Cliff. Thank you for your service to our country. You will be remembered and missed by many as your posts live on here at the forum.

Very sad to learn this news. Thanks for passing it along, Chris.

Just wanting to confirm: did he pass on March 17 or May 17? I noticed his avatar said March, but May in the above post. Thanks for clarifying.

I was so sad when I received this news. Cliff was a great cook, always ready with assistance, knowledge, and some good humor. He and I had some great discussions via PM about all sorts of topics, but the ones we talked about most were pizza and bread. I had hoped that I would have an opportunity to meet Cliff in the Redding area while my daughter is attending college close by, but, we were never able to make that happen.

RIP, Cliff. A life well lived, sir, and I am honored by your service.

Rich

Wow the hits just keep coming. I was a big fan of Cliff Bartlett. He always liked seeing my posts & would always comment when he saw them. And vice versa. I also wondered why I had not seen him in such a long time.
I'm guessing he must have lived alone.
May he rest in eternal peace,
Russ

So sorry to hear about Cliff's loss. I always liked his posts in photo gallery, a great cook and wonderful personality. Another great forum member gone, so sad.

Very sorry to hear of Cliff’s passing.
I admired his cooks and comments.
I also missed him and had searched for him… hoping not to find this out.
I always felt honored when he commented on my cooks.

Back when we did the throwdowns he was unstoppable. Great cook and great photographer. No one could touch the posts he did. He'll be missed.

Cliff had daily post that would describe how he would cook everything on the dinner menu on a grill or two or three... simply amazing..
RIP Cliff.

He was truly an inspiration. I too had searched for him recently. Like many have said, it was an honor when he commented on my cooks. Back when we did the showdowns I was always shooting for second place, Cliff was a lock for first. RIP Cliff, you will be missed.

Sad to hear, RIP Cliff.

Going to fire up the kettle later and have one for Bob and Cliff.

Just wanting to confirm: did he pass on March 17 or May 17? I noticed his avatar said March, but May in the above post. Thanks for clarifying.
May 17, 2021. I've corrected the error under his avatar. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm guessing he must have lived alone.

No, he was married. Online sources list her name and I confirmed her name with the cemetery. But a search of his posts does not show her name. Not sure if that was intentional, but out of respect I will follow suit and not post her name.

Back