Rib Eyes and Roasted Reds

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I actually did this cook last Tuesday and just now getting it posted. Salt and pepper only on the meat and sided things up with baby roasted red potatoes with garlic and parmesan and some asparagus. Here's a few pic's.

I dug these two out of the freezer. Prime Rib Eyes from Costco. The larger steak was 10 oz. and the other 8.6 oz. Between 1 1/2 " and 2" thick.

DSC_3598 (Large).JPG

Since the potatoes took the longest I got them on first. In addition to the garlic and parmesan I added garlic powder, onion powder and some Italian seasoning.

DSC_3603 (Large).JPG

Got the steaks on next. 4 minutes, each side.

DSC_3606 (Large).JPG

Quickly got the asparagus rolling, oil, salt and pepper.

DSC_3608 (Large).JPG

DSC_3617 (Large).JPG

Side 2 on steaks.

DSC_3613 (Large).JPG

Gave the potatoes another ten minutes and then pulled after a total of 45 minutes.

DSC_3618 (Large).JPG

Moved to cool side until meat reached 125.

DSC_3622 (Large).JPG

Short rest.

DSC_3627 (Large).JPG

Plated.

DSC_3630 (Large).JPG

Everybody else is going to give a shout-out for the steaks (and rightfully so), but I think the asparagus looks perfect!

Cliff, another fabulous cook! Everything looks perfect (as usual), and I could really go for a nicely grilled steak right now. My only complaint with CostCo's prime ribeyes is that they got into this ridiculous habit of trimming the rib cap off of them, and selling them separately. One of my favorite things about a ribeye is getting both the cap and the eye.

I like your potato seasoning! :)

R

I actually did this cook last Tuesday and just now getting it posted. Salt and pepper only on the meat and sided things up with baby roasted red potatoes with garlic and parmesan and some asparagus. Here's a few pic's.

I dug these two out of the freezer. Prime Rib Eyes from Costco. The larger steak was 10 oz. and the other 8.6 oz. Between 1 1/2 " and 2" thick.

View attachment 8416

Since the potatoes took the longest I got them on first. In addition to the garlic and parmesan I added garlic powder, onion powder and some Italian seasoning.

View attachment 8417

Got the steaks on next. 4 minutes, each side.

View attachment 8418

Quickly got the asparagus rolling, oil, salt and pepper.

View attachment 8424

View attachment 8429

Side 2 on steaks.

View attachment 8426

Gave the potatoes another ten minutes and then pulled after a total of 45 minutes.

View attachment 8431

Moved to cool side until meat reached 125.

View attachment 8434

Short rest.

View attachment 8435

Plated.

View attachment 8436
That is my kind of meal!!!

Who is this Cliff guy? All his posts look like a magazine level. He cooks everything. Everything comes out perfect. Bbq check. Vegetables check. Common comfort food check. Obscure advanced sophisicated recipes requiring subtle nuances check.
I think my GF pays him to make me feel bad.

P.S. anyone seen him and julia child at the same time

"Roasted Reds" reminded me that last year on July 4 I was getting sun-broiled in the front row of the upper deck at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati. The concessions stands offered nothing even remotely close to - nay, not even in the same universe as - Cliff's plate.;)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. (y)

Pretty sure I saw him giving Julia Child some pointers.... ;)

R
She's my little sister Rich!

Who is this Cliff guy? All his posts look like a magazine level. He cooks everything. Everything comes out perfect. Bbq check. Vegetables check. Common comfort food check. Obscure advanced sophisicated recipes requiring subtle nuances check.
I think my GF pays him to make me feel bad.

P.S. anyone seen him and julia child at the same time
Thanks Tony.... If only half of that were true.

The first half is true, and i have been hit on by Julia Child, so that just leaves one thing, and a few more bites of her own cooking and my GF is going to crack.

Cliff, awesome cook everything is perfect. Love the potatoes will give them a try. Yes, those rib eyes are to die for.

Back