Rib Eye's and Broiled Oysters

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Wegman's had sales today on fresh in Oysters (Blue Points) and Choice thick cut Rib Eye's. Just me and the CEO this week so I went for it. Doing the Oysters a new way today, our home made bread crumbs, chives, parsley, dill, tarragon, lemon zest, sea salt, fresh ground, 1/4 cup melted butter in the processor for a topping for the Oysters.

DSC02602_zpsoz4abcwn.jpg

Ready to go after opening and topping, will be put under the broiler inside for six to eight minutes till the tops are browned lightly while the steaks rest.

DSC02603_zpsvfhtbqjz.jpg

Steaks at room temp seasoned with Sea Salt and fresh ground

DSC02604_zpsb19tpzws.jpg

Broccollini in the Bamboo Steamer on the Wok, dressed with EVOO, garlic and lemon juice

DSC02606_zps6vub5wen.jpg

Steaks on indirect in the Genny and then over for a quick sear

DSC02605_zpsywmpbu28.jpg

Oysters done

DSC02607_zpsirnv1zdb.jpg

Big Russets done in the nuke, on the plate with a nice Argentinian Malbec

DSC02609_zpswkwqcjcz.jpg

Have a good night

Wow. The oysters look amazing along with your perfect steak. You know how to cook Bill. What a gift!

Surf & Turf doesn't get much better than this. I envy you NJ folks who have Wegman's stores all over the place. The nearest one for me is a 45 min drive into MA, so whenever I go, I bring a big cooler so I can stock up on meats.

Great looking meal! ONe of the things I miss about living at the coast, fresh seafood! We would have a bbq every month where we'd by several bushels of oysters. Some we ate right off the shell, some we'd cook on the shell over the coals. Always good!

Back