Review: SLOTDOG Hot Dog Slicing Tool

Saw your review this morning on YouTube. Thorough video Chris. Not sure I’d spring for one. Your spiral dogs look just as good.

Chris, I very much appreciate your reviews, they are always very clear, and offer excellent opinions with no note of rancor!
No bias, when things aren’t good, the shortcomings are plainly stated. When things are really good those points are equally stated.

Very good review. Info came through clearly. Easy to pick up.
The best part; the spiral cut how-to!
As someone who makes those infrequently over the last 45 years. How did I not do it that way. Thanks

I think the best part about the cut dogs are you can cook and get a char on the inside also, and it reduces cook times.

Good to see you covered a worry of mine. First thought was that a sharp blade would cut you when you had to pull the hot dog off.

Bruno, you bought the smokefire at full ride, she will”Kill you” for $20.00!? Doubt it pal!
Lol, probably true, however I have something coming in the mail all the time, injector, rubs, knife sharpener, pellets, more pellets, a different knife sharpener, thermoworks Smoke, MK4, oh we gotta have that new thermoworks temperature taker for the kids.

Good review. I'm sure my grandchildren (ages 5 and 8) would love eating slotted hot dogs iff (if and only if) they got to help make them, and apparently they could do it safely with a little supervision. But as seldom as I would use this gadget I don't think I could justify the storage space it would require.

Great review, Chris.
I do have one.
Used it twice.
First time, i ventured WITHOUT reading instructions (of course i didn't :rolleyes: )
Crushed a few damn dogs to smithereens! How stupid of me!
2nd time, i did freeze them for a time to AVOID crushing the things...
Worked much better! (I searched for photos, did not come across any, surprisingly...)
But i have never used it since.
I have, however, made spiral dogs a few times since.... and i seem to like the spiral much better.
In fact, they're what I will be grilling Saturday, on our Country's Independence Day.
Dogs, Beer & Bo_Oo_Obs! geez, did i say that aloud??!

Back