Restaurant Depot Beef Ribs (San Jose)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I made my first run to RD in San Jose today using my KCBS membership perk of a day pass. One could rack up a seriously big bill with all the meat (and other) products they have in there, but I think I was reasonably well restrained. My primary purpose for going there today was to pick up some beef ribs. CostCo has been hit/miss with stocking these lately, and, honestly, it's gotten to be tiresome to fight all the crowds at Costco these days (during hoarding season #2!!)

I grabbed some really good looking CAB ribs @ $5.60/lb, which came in a cryovac with two racks. They also had non-CAB chuck short ribs @ $5.24/lb, and I think I saw racks of beef back ribs, too, but I didn't look closely at those.

Since I was there, I grabbed some skinless belly @ $2.88/lb, and bone-in butts @ $1.28/lb.

Just thought I'd post this info up here in case anyone in the SF Bay Area was wondering about RD prices on some of this stuff.

Rich

Rich, ya'll just plain ain't helpin' here. I've been contemplating the KC BBQ Society membership for just this perk, and my client manager has extolled RD to me for a few years.

Did they still have purchasing limits on non-commercial customers?

Rich, ya'll just plain ain't helpin' here. I've been contemplating the KC BBQ Society membership for just this perk, and my client manager has extolled RD to me for a few years.

Did they still have purchasing limits on non-commercial customers?
I didn't see anything about purchase limits, however, I wasn't really looking for them either.... :) I did walk out with 50 lbs of meat, and nobody batted an eye. When I go back ('cuz I will), I'll ask about that! :)

R

I didn't see anything about purchase limits, however, I wasn't really looking for them either.... :) I did walk out with 50 lbs of meat, and nobody batted an eye. When I go back ('cuz I will), I'll ask about that! :)

Pretty sure the limits have been lifted. When I inquired earlier this year, it was something like no more than 3 packages total, and no more than 1 package of anything.

Pretty sure the limits have been lifted. When I inquired earlier this year, it was something like no more than 3 packages total, and no more than 1 package of anything.
I definitely had more than three packages, and a couple of those were beef ribs. Could be that there are different restrictions at different locations?

IMG_7467.jpeg

There was some discussion hereabouts about RD's buying limits. Based on what you've bought, they have to have been lifted. Thanks.

I have one a mile from the house. Need to get my hands on a membership somehow.

I made my first run to RD in San Jose today using my KCBS membership perk of a day pass. One could rack up a seriously big bill with all the meat (and other) products they have in there, but I think I was reasonably well restrained. My primary purpose for going there today was to pick up some beef ribs. CostCo has been hit/miss with stocking these lately, and, honestly, it's gotten to be tiresome to fight all the crowds at Costco these days (during hoarding season #2!!)

I grabbed some really good looking CAB ribs @ $5.60/lb, which came in a cryovac with two racks. They also had non-CAB chuck short ribs @ $5.24/lb, and I think I saw racks of beef back ribs, too, but I didn't look closely at those.

Since I was there, I grabbed some skinless belly @ $2.88/lb, and bone-in butts @ $1.28/lb.
So which are you planning on cooking for Dionne?;)

So which are you planning on cooking for Dionne?;)
None of it....just finished processing all the pork. Have a 4lb belly piece that's in the cure for pancetta, butts and the remainder of the belly are all cut up into grinder sized pieces for some sausage making tomorrow. I'll either cook the beef ribs tomorrow or Sunday, and one package of beef ribs is actually for a buddy of mine.

Productive evening so far.....now I'm off to the local nano-brewery for some socially distanced pints.

R

Back