Redhead Weber Spirit 900 Build and Tri Tip Break-In

Mark Jones

My dad rebuilt this Weber Spirit 900 for my birthday. It came out saweeeet. Thought I'd post some before and after photos.
This is how we got her, very beat up....

Started getting it cleaned up:

To our surprise the igniter fired right up! Years of grill build up burning off:

Getting some paint and more cleaning:

Beautiful new wood counters:

My dad changed out the bottom grey basket and replaced with this custom hand built beautiful shelf. Since this photo we have changed out the knobs and painted the bottom pan black but this is more or less the finished product:

The cast iron grills were thoroughly cleaned (used a drill with wire brush attachment and then cleaned in the sink). This grill will get 600+ degrees in 7 minutes if you want it to. And for the first BBQ, I broke in the redhead with some delicious tri tip. Not a single flare up, cooked evenly and perfectly, and oh so delicious:

What do you think of the build?

Mark, it just doen't get any better. Awesome grill, (thanks dad), and a wonderful meal. You sir are a lucky man. Welcome and looking forward to more of your cooks.

Beautiful restoration. The new wood really makes it pop. I have a feeling this is not the last we'll see of this beauty.

Sweet re-build! Lots of love in that grill and she will return it time and time again for sure! Love the side tables!

Welcome aboard Mark. your build looks great they are fantastic BBQs and it is nice to see them reserrected. You will enjoy it a lot and from looking from your maiden cook you have a lot of good eatin ahead of you.

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! This is a fun forum and community. The BBQ has been outstanding. Last night it served up some more goodies:

Getting some paint and more cleaning:
I was going to say ---- Holmes, it's backwards. Then I saw the WEBER emblem on the grill and realized EVERYTHING is backwards... lol
Nice grill! I've got a redhead myself awaiting some attention to bring her back to glory.

Back