recommend any good movies that are streaming on Netflix?

Are you twisted? In the mood for a total freakshow?

God Bless America. Probably too violent & ........disturbing for most.

70212160.jpg

Fruitvale Station was rough! Sure is nice with everyone having camcorders on their phones......

I recently purchased the Amazon Fire Stick and have been watching the Amazon Original Series. All the Amazon series are beautifully produced and filmed, and it is apparent that large budgets were available for the programs. Here's a rundown of the shows that I've sampled.

I started by watching Edge. It looked like a knock-off of the first episode of Hell on Wheels, complete with a doppelganger in the lead role. Then the show quickly adds Tarantino levels of gore, and ended with a truly bizarre scene with disturbing sexual images - imagine a cross between Django Unchained and Wild Wild West. I think I'm done with Edge.

Missouri, 1865. Josiah Hedges aka "Edge" returns home from the Civil War to discover his closest comrades-in-arms have betrayed him, sparking a bloody reign of vengeance. A mysterious beauty crosses Edge's path, and together they will uncover a dark conspiracy that extends to the highest ranks of American power.​

Next I watched Bosch, which is about a L.A. homicide detective. I find it to be really interesting and Bosch is my new must-watch series (now that Justified has ended).

Based on Michael Connelly's best-selling novels, Harry Bosch, an LAPD homicide detective, stands trial for the fatal shooting of a serial murder suspect. A cold case involving the remains of a missing boy forces Bosch to confront his past.​

I tried watching Patriot, but the incredibly stupid opening scene made me turn it off. Sorry Hollywood, but it is called a "fil-let" weld, not a "fil-lay" weld. Consult a welder or engineer next time, not a chef or a fisherman, you morons. The premise sounds interesting:

Intelligence officer John Tavner's latest assignment, to prevent Iran from going nuclear, requires him to forgo all safety nets and assume a "non-official cover" as a mid-level employee at a Midwestern industrial piping firm. A bout with PTSD, the government's incompetence, and the intricacies of keeping his day job cause a barrage of ever-escalating fiascos that jeopardize the mission.​

If someone finds this one to be worthwhile, let me know and I'll give it a second chance.

The Man in the High Castle is Amazon's most highly regarded series this year. The premise is fascinating:

It's 1962, America has lost WWII; the east is the Greater Nazi Reich and the west, the Japanese Pacific States. Amidst this oppression there is new hope - films that seem to show a different world. When her sister gives her a film and is then murdered, a woman comes to believe the films hold the key to freedom and becomes obsessed with finding their mysterious guardian, The Man in the High Castle.​

I have really enjoyed the first two episodes. I should be good for several more, but I usually tire of this sort of series with such a depressing story.

Last edited:
The Trailer Park Boys :) the series, I just started one of the movies

Trashy doesn't even begin

a weber kettle makes a cameo in 11.22.63 (hulu - an 8 part series by Stephen King & JJ Abrams) - I think it's in episode 4 titled "Happy Birthday, Lee Harvey Oswald"

10399650_10206087991340717_6716782036627442456_n.jpg

I think this is on Netflix? I don't have Netflix anymore, but I did when this thread started. Great movie

Back