Read Any Good Books Lately?

Purchased a copy of George Orwell's Animal Farm recently.
If it's been a while, it's worth a read...................................................................................................................................................................................

And all the animals were equal, except... :)

It's a long long time since I read it. Brings back some memories

It's been a long while since I have been up to doing any reading of books. BUT, hopefully that will change soon. DH and I just ordered some books from Amazon (yes Chris, here ;) ) Let's hope I will be posting reviews here soon.

Yes, received the books we ordered and HAPPY to say, I started reading again. #56 of 63 (I think,lol, he writes soo many) of the Stone Barrington series by Stuart Woods.

www.orderofbooks.com I like to read Book Series, and this has been a big help in reading them. I receive it twice a month.
Are there any members here that have visited this site? It's great for keeping track of your favorite author and what they have written lately. And he also keeps you up to date on what's good to read and new authors and reviews a lot of books. If you like to read, please check out this site.

I always have a book going. Currently reading "The Litigators" by John Grisham. Pretty good novel and one that was not made into a movie, so no preconceptions. Have slowed down on the Stone Barrington books-now up to #30. They are a nice relaxation as they are short quick reads. I usually throw James Rollins in the mix too as well as anything new from Lincoln and Childs.

JSaus, I am now reading #56 of the Stone Barrington books, "Hush - Hush". So far, this is what I have left to read.

Double Jeopardy #57(2021)
Class Act #58(2021)
Foul Play #59(2021)
Criminal Mischief #60(2021)
A Safe House #61(2022)
Black Dog #62(2022)
Distant Thunder #63(2022)
Near Miss #64(2023)

I just got this one .......... anxious to get into it . Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker, Leon Russell .... she was big part of their acts and then she married Kris Kristofferson ........... will be interesting to view that period from her perspective .

20221201_181449.jpg

I am just finishing "The Charm School" by Nelson DeMille. If you were a fan of "The Americans" on TV, you will love it. It poses the question of what happened to all those MIA pilots in Vietnam and Korea. Great cold war espionage novel set in Russia. If you lived through the era of "duck and cover', you will relate to this novel. A little on the long side, but kept my interest.

I've been on Don Winslow kick. I read "The Force" a few weeks ago, and am on book 2, (The Cartel), in "The Force" trilogy. I cannot put it down.

I've been on Don Winslow kick. I read "The Force" a few weeks ago, and am on book 2, (The Cartel), in "The Force" trilogy. I cannot put it down.
I am always looking for a new author. I put him on my list to try. Thanks.

Speaking of new authors, DH found me one, Wayne Stinnett. It says "Caribbean Adventure Series-Volume 1-A Jesse McDermitt novel-FALLEN OUT". Can't wait to start reading it tonight.

Speaking of new authors, DH found me one, Wayne Stinnett. It says "Caribbean Adventure Series-Volume 1-A Jesse McDermitt novel-FALLEN OUT". Can't wait to start reading it tonight.
I'll circle back to this thread after I finish The Cartel series

Just finishing “On The Bus with Bill Monroe” by Mark Hembree

Being a bluegrass musician, the stories of ”Big Mon” are:
A-Required
B-Fun!

JSaus, I am now reading #56 of the Stone Barrington books, "Hush - Hush". So far, this is what I have left to read.

Double Jeopardy #57(2021)
Class Act #58(2021)
Foul Play #59(2021)
Criminal Mischief #60(2021)
A Safe House #61(2022)
Black Dog #62(2022)
Distant Thunder #63(2022)
Near Miss #64(2023)
I just finished #32 and have been disappointed with the last couple offerings. They author is becoming too political and obviously biased for one party. He seems to be getting more and more mean spirited in his political narrative. I may be done with this series if that is the trajectory.

Back