Read Any Good Books Lately?

I'm reading a series of books playing in London, in the years after the big fire.
Good fun, but read them in order :)
By Andrew Taylor and I got them on kindle for £0.99 each :)

I just found out.........
Today is NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY!!!!!

Better late than never, they say!!!!

Last edited:
I've always been an avid reader, but this past year since we decided to move and sell and get our new place setup, there just hasn't seemed to be the time. Just this week almost every thing has finally been getting into place and, literally, I've been thinking about starting back at it. There's this book I began about a year ago...

I've always been an avid reader, but this past year since we decided to move and sell and get our new place setup, there just hasn't seemed to be the time. Just this week almost every thing has finally been getting into place and, literally, I've been thinking about starting back at it. There's this book I began about a year ago...
WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?

I have been doing something lately that I don't remember ever having done before. I am reading two books. One is by Stewart Woods, read that for awhile, and then I switch for a little while to another book by Randy Wayne White. Don't ask me why :unsure:

I have been doing something lately that I don't remember ever having done before. I am reading two books. One is by Stewart Woods, read that for awhile, and then I switch for a little while to another book by Randy Wayne White. Don't ask me why :unsure:
I do that all the time!
Currently reading Tim Dorsey's Pineapple Grenade and Sue Grafton's G is for Gumshoe..

Resurrecting this a little. Started reading The Killing Series by Bill O'Reilley. Started with Killing Patton. If you love history I think you'll love these books. Going to start Killing Lincoln next

Resurrecting this a little. Started reading The Killing Series by Bill O'Reilley. Started with Killing Patton. If you love history I think you'll love these books. Going to start Killing Lincoln next
Those are great books. Have read most of the Killing books. If you liked the Patton book and enjoy WWII history, Killing the Rising Sun and Killing The SS are also excellent. If history had been taught like that in school I would have learned a lot more. The Brian Kilmeade books are also worth your time. His Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates was a real education for me.

Due to your recommendation, I started the Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. I work them into other reads as they are quick and enjoyable. I am up to 44 in the series and the time line is bothering me. When the series started, he was 39. After all the career advances and having an adult son after several books, he has got to be at least pushing 70. Still, he is able to compete with James Bond with the women. Twice at night and then again on the morning seems the norm for him. I am impressed.

Those are great books. Have read most of the Killing books. If you liked the Patton book and enjoy WWII history, Killing the Rising Sun and Killing The SS are also excellent. If history had been taught like that in school I would have learned a lot more. The Brian Kilmeade books are also worth your time. His Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates was a real education for me.
What I like about these books is O'Reilley is a historian. And when you're reading them you can almost hear him talking rather than simply reading words on a page. I intend to read the whole series

What I like about these books is O'Reilley is a historian. And when you're reading them you can almost hear him talking rather than simply reading words on a page. I intend to read the whole series
Right. What I like about his and Kilmeade's books is the narrative. You are being told the story as it unfolds and not just a bunch of places and dates as I was taught history. They keep your interest.

Due to your recommendation, I started the Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington series. I work them into other reads as they are quick and enjoyable. I am up to 44 in the series and the time line is bothering me. When the series started, he was 39. After all the career advances and having an adult son after several books, he has got to be at least pushing 70. Still, he is able to compete with James Bond with the women. Twice at night and then again on the morning seems the norm for him. I am impressed.
LOL and you still have 20 more books to go. I still have the last 3 to buy, so I have no idea how old he will be by the last book.

GOOD GOING STONE!!!!! 🥰

Thanks J for taking my recommendation!!

Aren't they fun reads though? They are one of my "read-between other reads" books. Stone Barrington....."woman want to be with him, men want to be him" 🤣 Kind of like Clive Cusslers' Dirk Pitt or Kurt Austin characters which, by the way, if you haven't read them, I can highly recommend. They're a lot of fun....

Aren't they fun reads though? They are one of my "read-between other reads" books. Stone Barrington....."woman want to be with him, men want to be him" 🤣 Kind of like Clive Cusslers' Dirk Pitt or Kurt Austin characters which, by the way, if you haven't read them, I can highly recommend. They're a lot of fun....
I have read some Dirk Pitt books but not Kurt Austin. If you also want some fun characters, try David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter books or Harlan Cobens' Myron Bolitar series. I have also blown through Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller (Lincoln Lawyer) series. Add to that the Pendergast series by Preston and Child, and you have no end to fascinating characters. Then every so often I have to come to reality with true stories and history. I also like to read books made into movies so I can complain about how poor the adaptation was. Often it seems they read the first two chapters and said "good enough-let's start filming.

Hi Rich, glad to find another Stone fan. I have all but a few of Cussler's Dirk Pitt books. Cussler was really into cars, wasn't he.
I also like the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci.

Reading "Jersey Troopers II" by George J.Wren, Jr.
I doubt an interesting read for anyone outside of law enforcement circles but is rich in history for me.

I have read some Dirk Pitt books but not Kurt Austin. If you also want some fun characters, try David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter books or Harlan Cobens' Myron Bolitar series. I have also blown through Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller (Lincoln Lawyer) series. Add to that the Pendergast series by Preston and Child, and you have no end to fascinating characters. Then every so often I have to come to reality with true stories and history. I also like to read books made into movies so I can complain about how poor the adaptation was. Often it seems they read the first two chapters and said "good enough-let's start filming.
Thanks!
I too, have blown through those Connelly books. The Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer series on Amazon are very well done too....

Hi Rich, glad to find another Stone fan. I have all but a few of Cussler's Dirk Pitt books. Cussler was really into cars, wasn't he.
I also like the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci.
Yup!
They're just so much fun....Cussler never seemed to take himself too seriously and......he has a cameo in those Dirk Pitt stories. It's been a while since I've read the NUMA files books, but I believe that he has cameos in those too...

Back