Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

I have a music suggestion since we are discussing random things: It’s alternative rock and very uplifting and fun. It’s AJR. Post something you like and I’ll give them a listen too.

E50469F6-FD2F-4BF0-8582-46C96A9DC5A0.png

Last edited:
Late last year, the battery distribution company that I work for announced that they had merged with another battery distributor to become the largest privately owned battery distributor in America!
They've been working on the merger all year, taking parts of ours and parts of theirs and making one big old company!
I got the official email offering me my job that I'm already doing for the exact same pay and benefits! Yay!
Then, I got the official email stating that as of 11:59 PM on December 31, my position at the old company will be terminated!
I'm REALLY glad that they hired me at the new company before pre-firing me from the old one!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Late last year, the battery distribution company that I work for announced that they had merged with another battery distributor to become the largest privately owned battery distributor in America!
They've been working on the merger all year, taking parts of ours and parts of theirs and making one big old company!
I got the official email offering me my job that I'm already doing for the exact same pay and benefits! Yay!
Then, I got the official email stating that as of 11:59 PM on December 31, my position at the old company will be terminated!
I'm REALLY glad that they hired me at the new company before pre-firing me from the old one!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You should make sure the old company pays you a healthy severance! :ROFLMAO:

320680226_499166592316756_7401777941432329261_n.jpg

Yikes, that's one big pre-cast beam, roads are usually closed or monitored.
Somebody screwed that up big time.
I never thought about that until you mentioned it. They had to have a permit, I'm sure, to move such a beam, but someone let their guard down somewhere.

You should make sure the old company pays you a healthy severance! :ROFLMAO:
I actually got a severance package from the company I worked at for 20+ years before I started with the soon to be old company
About 3 weeks after my rotator cuff surgery in 2019, I got a text from my boss telling me about a company wide conference call that I "really should listen to"
It was the one announcing that as of April 1, all of our company's people involved in the distribution of our batteries(I worked for a battery manufacturer as a truck driver) would be transferred to the new company. My first thought was how did this affect me, as I was ijust starting a long recovery from the shoulder surgery.
I asked my boss about this and we called HR the next day
They told me that technically I would be unemployed, but still receiving my disability from the surgery, with benefits. And that if they did not hire me after I was released to go back to work, they would give me 2 weeks pay as a severance
Come September when I was released to go back to work, they didn’t have a position for me, so I let the old company know. They sent me some forms, which I promptly returned
I was driving for Uber, and putting in applications, when i got a job offer from one of the applications. I called my old boss and told him that he had 2 days to grab me up.
The next day I got an email from the new company offering me the job as the very first customer service rep!
3 years later and I’m looking at my final 2 years in the battery business before I retire!

More video of the crash site...

Ironically, the massive concrete beam would have been installed as part of a new bridge enabling truckers to bypass the RR crossing.

Haven't had much time to try and stay caught up. Been working 9 or 10 hour days for the last 6 months. Weekends are spent running errands and usually a barbecue gets thrown in. Hopefully everyone here is doing good. As for me. Well, I suppose I'm quarantined until at least Friday. Yep, I got it again. Oh well. On the bright side, I haven't taken time off work in quite a while. At least I'll have a few days break from that 😁.

Haven't had much time to try and stay caught up. Been working 9 or 10 hour days for the last 6 months. Weekends are spent running errands and usually a barbecue gets thrown in. Hopefully everyone here is doing good. As for me. Well, I suppose I'm quarantined until at least Friday. Yep, I got it again. Oh well. On the bright side, I haven't taken time off work in quite a while. At least I'll have a few days break from that 😁.
Be well, make it mild and enjoy what you can.

Back