Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Pop quiz. Why would one heat 5 gallons of water downstairs and carry it a gallon or so at a time upstairs?

Hint...

20221021_200916.jpg

Sorry for my absence recently. Being busy makes you tired. It's day four and I've worked 50 hours. Going to work tomorrow for day 5. And on day 5 they're going to ask me if I can come in for day 6. Along with everything else that has been going on I don't know when I have time to have time.

Phil is a happy guy today!
I changed the battery in my iGrill bluetooth probe thermometer(that I haven't used in several years), updated the app on my phone and it still works!
I got it at Target as they were clearing out all of their summer stuff one year. Paid a whole $22 for it.
This was before Weber bought them out

Had a kind of exciting night. The better half & I went to a local Pizza restaurant. We placed our order & my salad came (apparently they forgot swimbo's salad) when 2 waitresses walked by, one telling the other, "she told me to go #@&= myself!".
A few minutes later, one of the waitresses was lying in wait for the other to come around the corner & when she did, they went at it! A couple of customers broke them up, another staff member sent one outside via the front door. A few minutes later there's screaming and yelling up front then it dies down again. We're sitting there, wondering what to do, still no food other than my salad, when swimbo says "ah-oh, here comes mama!" I look over my shoulder & see a mass of orange hair & slippers streak by & head into the bar room yelling, "WHERE SHE AT?!?" More yelling ensues & then scuffing & the sounds of tables getting knocked over & stuff breaking, customers screaming.
That was enough for us & every other table - we all beat a hasty retreat! I look in the bar as we pass & there's guys scrapping too - where they came from, I have no idea.
One the way out the door, there's a lady standing there, bewildered, waiting for a table or take out. Swimbo tells her, "you better get out!"
Yea... Good times

Well I'm going to do a new thing for me. Well kind of new. I've already done turkey on the kettle. But I ordered the rotisserie ring for my kettle and I'm going to attempt to do Thanksgiving turkey with it. Wish me luck everyone. I don't want to be the reason the 🦃 bird is not good. Last weekend after I got a kettle rotisserie kit I did rotisserie a couple of pork loins. That was so I could figure out how the kettle would act. I'm glad I did that. It acts a lot different with the rotisserie ring installed. Seems to run a lot hotter. Maybe because of the extra air volume or flow. Anyhow, that was my trial run. The pork turned out good and I'm hoping the turkey will also. If I don't post again before then, Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Had a kind of exciting night. The better half & I went to a local Pizza restaurant. We placed our order & my salad came (apparently they forgot swimbo's salad) when 2 waitresses walked by, one telling the other, "she told me to go #@&= myself!".
A few minutes later, one of the waitresses was lying in wait for the other to come around the corner & when she did, they went at it! A couple of customers broke them up, another staff member sent one outside via the front door. A few minutes later there's screaming and yelling up front then it dies down again. We're sitting there, wondering what to do, still no food other than my salad, when swimbo says "ah-oh, here comes mama!" I look over my shoulder & see a mass of orange hair & slippers streak by & head into the bar room yelling, "WHERE SHE AT?!?" More yelling ensues & then scuffing & the sounds of tables getting knocked over & stuff breaking, customers screaming.
That was enough for us & every other table - we all beat a hasty retreat! I look in the bar as we pass & there's guys scrapping too - where they came from, I have no idea.
One the way out the door, there's a lady standing there, bewildered, waiting for a table or take out. Swimbo tells her, "you better get out!"
Yea... Good times
Many moons ago, my roommate and I travelled to Richmond, VA from Charlotte to see a NASCAR race, a night race
We stopped at a Waffle House on our way back to home at about 3:30 on a Saturday night/Sunday morning
A mother and daughter got into a fight IN the Waffle House because the daughter wouldn't go talk trash to the police officer who had arrested the daughter the weekend before for drunk in public. A real fist fight!
I now refer to WH as "Dinner And A Show"!

Back