Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

So, a lady came by our shop last week and bought 16 golf cart batteries! I was wondering how she was going to get them home in her Mercedes crossover(it was about 1000 pounds of batteries!), when she mentioned that she lived in Mooresville Guess who had to go to Mooresville for a delivery? Yep, it was her lucky day!
I carted the batteries the long way around her house on the lake to her basement, so that they could be installed in her electric boat I told her to call me when they got installed so I could get her cores, about $400 worth.
She called me Friday and said that a guy was coming last weekend to install them, and could I come by to get her cores this week? I told her that I could and told the boss about it. He said ok, so I went there today and got them and thanked her for her business She then gave me a $100 bill! I tried to refuse, but she was insistent that I take it for helping her out! Ok, if you insist!
Pammi and I are going to go have a really nice meal on her!

Sometimes they don't care about the speed and the wake, its the potential water quality issues from gasoline near the lake. Especially on reservoirs.

Some say "getting old ain't for sissies" but I see that as glass half empty thinking. All of the negatives of getting old can be outweighed by the positives. I've gotten to see 77 years of change in the world. That was both good and bad. I'm blessed to have been married to my High School sweetheart for 54 years. I've seen our children grow up raise their families and now we have 3 lovely great-grandkids. While in the Navy I visited many foreign countries and haven't found a place I would rather live than in the USA. I found a forum on the Internet full of good folks who share my current favorite hobby. They're not interested in my aches and pains but they will help if I need advice on a cook or a purchase.

Having said all that I will say "Growing old is great - wearing out sucks." :wsm:
Ain't that the truth!

Pammi was using her Kitchenaid stand mixer today and she mentioned that it was rocking really bad. Sure enough, she had to hold onto the head to keep it from wobbling very much!
Google wasn't much help, as most of the videos I saw were for the tilt head style and ours has the handle that you use to lift the bowl up(Professional HD)
I looked underneath and didn't see anything, so I got the brilliant idea to look under the hood
Sure enough, under the motor were 3 screws that looked like the culprits
I had to remove the motor and the gear box cover, but there they were
I tightened them up as best I could and replaced everything
Whaddaya know, it worked! And no more wobble!
If it happens again, I'll add a drop of lock nut to the bolts
Pammi is very happy that I'm not afraid to take stuff apart and I can usually get it back together!

@Phil Perrin On my gf's lift bowl model, there are a pair of locating dowel pins that also need to be in place between the base and the head. I'd been making bagels so much that those pins were driven up into the head and there wasn't a positive locating mechanism. Those screws are just not sufficient to keep the head from rotating, that's what the pins are for. The screws just provide clamping force between base and head. Only took me the better part of 2 years to figure this out.

A word of caution on the KA machines. The number of them I get in with serious issues (that should not have been) due to people thinking "I can fix that" and watching YouTube "stuff" is pretty high and getting worse. Just recently got another one in. Boyfriend, tried to "repair" and I got the mess that was leftover. I never tell the wife/girlfriend what truly happened. No sense destroying domestic bliss :D but, I kinda wish YouTube did not show that stuff. Anyway there tons of little "gotchas" in there.

Missing/broken springs, clips, pins, etc. There's a lot more to them than people think. And honestly I'm not in a position to make instructional videos or posts. I'm not in that business. Why would I "give away" my business? Suffice to say, I think looking back especially over the repairs I've needed to do for folks since the plandemic thing. 60% have been made worse or self induced thanks to YouTube. Maybe too many people with too much time on their hands, or thinking "I'll save a couple bucks". I get it. I'm simply putting out there what I have been witnessing over the last 2 years. Before this point I MAYBE saw this in 15-20%. now much higher. I actually have 3 or 4 machines on hand that people gave up on, bought new ones and then called me asking if I'd buy the carcass they left behind :D And I usually do if the units are "complete".

Back