Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

I forgot to mention it the other day, but in 26 months I've put 100,000 miles on my work truck!
It probably would have happened sooner, but they keep having me drive other vehicles.
No wonder my back is screwed up!

Man, I really like grilling/BBQing.

Enjoyed getting the WSM warmed up with some charcoal and getting myself warmed up with some Jim Beam Apple on a cold but not freezing evening.

Made two rack of baby back ribs tonight, turned out great. Used the TVWB Basic Ribs recipe, but subbed spritzes of the aforementioned JB Apple instead of apple juice, and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.

I was rooting for Buffalo - it seems like they should have ran the ball/went for it at the end of the fourth quarter..... Brady is so tough to beat in OT.

My personal truck is a 2017 F150 with 57,000 miles on it. I've replaced the back brakes twice and the front ones once, mainly because I haul our camper all over the place.
I took my work truck to the place I get it serviced to have them do the brakes. My work truck is a 2019 F150, with 105,000 miles on it!
Imagine my shock when they told me that the brakes are still good!
Back brakes are at about 50% there, with the front ones a little further gone.
This is crazy, because I haul quite a few batteries in the truck, and it's been overloaded more than once!
Oh well, it's nice to know that there are some honest mechanics out there!

Just over 7 mos or so ago, I had the front brakes replaced on our Toyota Highlader SE (V6 AWD version) at about 145k miles. The ORIGINAL brakes! At 160k miles on it now the rear brakes still have about 40% left.
Now that is some good brake performance :D I am told the hybrids (we have the RAV4 hybrid) go well in excess of 200k miles on brakes. Of course they have regenerative braking. Kinda weird at first. You can sort of feel the switch from Regen to Mechanical brakes. But you really have to be "looking" for it. Regen works so well in fact many times as long as no one is behind me and I know I have a turn coming up, about a block from that turn it will slow enough from 40 mph to comfortably do the turn without touching the brake pedal. Really cool little car

Regenerative braking is great but make sure you use you brakes as well. I have two friends that the brakes on their EV’s were sticking. Their dealers told both that they need to use their brakes fairly aggressively on occasion to keep them from seizing up. That is probably more of an issue up north here where they use way too much salt on the roads in the winter.

Actually in the owner's manual under the maint section they recommend lubing brake pins every so often as part of the dealer service routine

Since the pandemic started 2 years ago, we've been letting Wally World do our shopping for us. Tell them what we want, and have $35 worth of stuff, and they'll bring it out to the car! No need to step inside the usually very crowded store!
This week, I ordered an RV bubble level for the front of our TT so that Pammi doesn't have to stand between the camper and truck while I'm leveling it from side to side. I just look at the bubble.
Unfortunately, Wally World said that they didn't have one this week. Oh well, I'll just pick one up on my travels during the next week.
Guess what I found in one of the bags while putting stuff away? The very same bubble level that I had ordered and they said that they were out of!
Oh well, that's a mistake in favor of the consumer, so I win!

Back