Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Many moons ago, my roommate and I travelled to Richmond, VA from Charlotte to see a NASCAR race, a night race
We stopped at a Waffle House on our way back to home at about 3:30 on a Saturday night/Sunday morning
A mother and daughter got into a fight IN the Waffle House because the daughter wouldn't go talk trash to the police officer who had arrested the daughter the weekend before for drunk in public. A real fist fight!
I now refer to WH as "Dinner And A Show"!
They're called the awful house around here.

Well, it finally got me - I'm a "Novid" no more, my "cautious" badge of honor stripped from me after 2 1/2 years.
Day 4 & It hasn't been that bad - a cold in reverse, starting in my lungs & then moving up.
And tooth paste tastes REALLY bad now!

Well, it finally got me - I'm a "Novid" no more, my "cautious" badge of honor stripped from me after 2 1/2 years.
Day 4 & It hasn't been that bad - a cold in reverse, starting in my lungs & then moving up.
And tooth paste tastes REALLY bad now!
Did you seek out medical help?

No, it hasn't been that bad at all - just like a cold (but colds always start in my sinuses then move down). I did have a fever on night 2 but it broke by morning.
When my wife had it, she called our doctor and he recommended:

Advil PM at night for better sleep
Robitussin DM for cough
Vitamin C
Vitamin D3
Zinc (25mg)
Co Q10

I went to the pharmacy and bought everything on the list- it seemed to help her, fwiw.

It's so cold around here today, my nose started bleeding from the dry air.

I can't imagine what you folks in the heartland are dealing with this weekend. At least we have the gulf stream to temper our weather somewhat.

Merry Christmas.

Today is a screw it and stay inside one.
Winds out of the west with 50mph gusts. WC at - 35.
Also gusts out of the north -1 right now which is the high for today.
It was -18 early this AM

Today is a screw it and stay inside one.
Winds out of the west with 50mph gusts. WC at - 35.
Also gusts out of the north -1 right now which is the high for today.
It was -18 early this AM
It was 49* when I got up this morning at 5AM(thanks Daisy!)
When I left for work at 7, it was 42*
When I left to got do some deliveries the boss surprised me with at 8:15, it was 33*
And it NEVER got above freezing after that!
Then after work, I had to go do a partial winterization of my camper, as it's not supposed to get above freezing until Monday!
A lovely, breezy 29* out! :oops:

I'm grilling chicken tonight. I might have to put on a jacket. 48F no wind.

Edit: Chicken is still frozen. So there is that.

I'm grilling chicken tonight. I might have to put on a jacket. 48F no wind.

Edit: Chicken is still frozen. So there is that.
Temps in the high 70s here today, low 80s predicted over the next few days. The kids across the street are having a pool party. Gets cold overnight, though, upper 40s.

Slept with the bedroom window open the last couple of nights. Saturday night at about 11:20 some @$$ in the neighborhood lit off 1 semi-pro firework. BOOM... Hiss - shook the house, woke me up, scared the crap outta me!

Back