Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Good for you!

Are you following any sort of eating plan to achieve?
A couple of years ago I was following the Whole 30 plan and lost 23 lbs in a month and 40 in total (I need to get back on it again as the pounds are creeping back.)

ON EDIT: I misread and now see the humor of your post. Good one...LOL

The window switch on Pammi’s side of my truck went out.
I looked on YouTube and it’s a pretty easy and inexpensive fix, so I ordered a new switch
It came yesterday
The small box on top is the switch, the larger box is the one they shipped it in! 🙄C4A7B289-AF3E-45DD-8927-C98541FFDDB2.jpeg

As I noted earlier in this thread, I have to work out and post my work outs to get "points" to keep my lower
health insurance rates
They like it if we follow others in the company, so I'm following a bunch of people I don't know from either corporate HQ or other branches
One guy, not sure where he is, ran for just over an hour and went 6 1/2 miles. He got 860 points for that
I rode my exercise bike for 18 1/2 minutes and got 1800 points
Who's the dummy?

Today was #ReadAcrossAmericaDay
Normally, I would go and read "Where The Wild Things Are" about 8 or 9 times at my wife's school and have a blast doing it!
They were doing it via Zoom today, which is NOWHERE near as much fun, so I skipped it this year.
2022, look out!!!!

Maybe we should read some Dr Seuss books... Before they're all gone

Undoubtedly, some of Dr. Seuss' material is awfully good.....Ted Geissel is also not necessarily the gentleman most people think he is.

I do disagree with the cancel culture effect on his material, though. We do need to remember when it was produced, and the societal norms & pressures then, and remember it with that in mind.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

A luthier friend of mine did a restoration of Ted Geisel’s ukulele, very nice instrument.
The world was very different when he wrote those books, it makes me sad to see books that I learned to read with being simply wiped from the face of the earth. I’m going to go and buy a full set of Mark Twain before that goes the same way!
Forgetting history, let alone re writing it, is surely a poor path to follow.

I had the most random call from an old boss today, asking how everyone was
Kinda funny, as we were definitely not buddies
I’ve even cursed him out before!
I guess he was lonely?

For those that remember it you may recall it was based on a series of books called "Little Black Sambo" basically what The Jungle Book was based on. When I was little my mom used to read to me from it. They ended up having to change the name and total decor (though I forget what it was changed to).

Back