Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

We have a 22 cu. ft. fridge and while it's nice around the holidays, for a good portion of the year it's more space than we need. I was just upstairs looking at it (snacking on leftover bacon, actually) and I had this great idea:

The modular expandable refrigerator. It's the same depth as most fridges but shorter and with a removable top, which is in place when the regular capacity is enough. However, for those times when more capacity is needed the top is replaced by a section that has its own door and shelving...kind of like the top half of a separate fridge! Then after the holidays or whatever this extension's removed and the top gets put back in place, taking the fridge down to its standard capacity.

Obviously the freezer unit would have to be on the bottom, and I think that the idea of WSM stacker rings had a subconscious effect on this idea. But I think it could legitimately work, although it'd probably be a bit pricey.
I used to dream about this sort of things when I was delivering appliances for Sears years ago!
Usually about halfway through hauling a 30cu. ft fridge up to a third floor apartment or beach house!

Mind the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Granted, it took many years to accumulate but my saved-up pocket change turned into $176 at the bank last week. Free money! ;)

That's one thing I love about our roku remote; if it gets lost, there's a page function. Push a button on the roku box & the remote will start chirping.

It's impossible to make a small batch of homemade soup. Not that that's a *bad* thing. ;)
Actually, I made one serving of soup the other morning
Pammi made pork belly ramen in her InstaPot Sunday and there was a bunch of yummy broth left
Monday morning I boiled some pasta in a couple cups of the leftover broth, added some chunked up Christmas turkey out of the freezer and had it for lunch that day!

Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins​

when is the last post gonna be posted?
i wanna know who wins! and what!

That's one thing I love about our roku remote; if it gets lost, there's a page function. Push a button on the roku box & the remote will start chirping.
We have the Roku Express
Basically, it's a box with no buttons that gets plugged into one of the HDMI outlets
We can't find the remote(DOH), but found an app that will make our phone act as a remote!

I got new health insurance this year through work, with a choice of two plans
One cost $16 every 2 weeks, the other $45 every 2 weeks, but there was nothing saying what the difference was.
Well, it seems that with the cheaper one, you have to sign up for a fitness social media site, and join the company group, plus post your workouts for points
I've always been a kind of slacker when it comes to workouts, but money is a huge motivator for me!
Needless to say, I use my dumbbells 3 nights a week and ride my exercise bike the same
I haven't lost any weight just yet, but it does seem like things are starting to firm up a bit!

I got new health insurance this year through work, with a choice of two plans
One cost $16 every 2 weeks, the other $45 every 2 weeks, but there was nothing saying what the difference was.
Difference schmifference...all I'm seeing is that your share is at most still under $100/month. Many people hate you, Phil.;)

Difference schmifference...all I'm seeing is that your share is at most still under $100/month. Many people hate you, Phil.;)
It pays to work for a national company!
Now, if I added Pammi, that second option goes to $175 every 2 weeks!
I'm very glad that she's a teacher and has her own!
If I went on hers, it'd cost an extra $250 a month!

Back