Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

This came in an email from Weber:

f8KYkces3cziE3G7bmkYvYhw4qTA9h3rUIYH76qG4qr8K6mEQhSs2NGOoDyvafRwpsVEpXBzwKjitDxp6Vpd3ZmtouQCU2hwjMF7FX8=s0-d-e1-ft

This is an old mine off the side of the road - an abandoned mine that looks really cool in the distance, I've never seen it this close.

I have the equip to fly like this but I'm not even a novice at FPV freestyle yet............I haven't flown my lil FPV drones (trashcan, tinyhawk, etc) in almost a year....but the DJI has been making regular flights lately, yesterday included.

The guy's an idiot / breaking a few laws, not that I haven't done the same, but the difference with the mini is it's 249 grams, one gram heavier would move it from the toy category to higher consequences.

The technology is pretty freaking amazing though

I just deleted over 600 emails that I never read. And that's only half of them. I don't remember signing up for most of the garbage spamming my inbox.

I just deleted over 600 emails that I never read. And that's only half of them. I don't remember signing up for most of the garbage spamming my inbox.

I'd been slacking for a couple years, because I just deleted over 80,000 emails!
And, I've been unsubscribing from most of the spam.
Now, I try to stay on top of it.

We got 2" of snow on Sunday, I cleaned off the Performer to cook Costco's Prime rib-eye cap steaks that evening. It's 18 F this morning.
Yesterday we got another 5.5" ending last night. I'm tired of winter already.

I'm tired of the short days already too! I feel like going to bed around 6:30pm.

Winter Solstice (shortest day of the year, & start of winter) is this coming Saturday 12/21/19...

I upgraded my indoor & outdoor lightbulbs (warm/bright), added a couple electric heaters to warm my bedroom & bathroom.

Might as well try to enjoy it!

We got 2" of snow on Sunday, I cleaned off the Performer to cook Costco's Prime rib-eye cap steaks that evening. It's 18 F this morning.
Yesterday we got another 5.5" ending last night. I'm tired of winter already.

Love the look of the snow Bob... Glad you were able to take that picture instead of me.
When I assemble the Camp Chef if I have any thing that might make it easier that I think might help I'll PM you.

Here's one from Dan. I think I'll stuff a towel done the pellet chamber just in case.
Rich:
If it is like mine, it was very well packed. I got the SG24M and added the shelf. It was easy to put together. Said you needed 2 people to invert it to add the legs, but I put legs on one side and it added a leverage point to get it inverted to add the other 2 legs. Just make sure the lid doesn't flip up when you do it. I had one bent part (flange on stack), but it pulled in flush with the bolts. Only other wrinkle was mounting the pellet lid. I dropped the screws in the hopper and needed to use my retrieval tool to get them
back. I did the burn in, but have not yet done a cook. Ash dump and pellet dump works pretty slick which were the main selling points for me. This will supplement my sidewinder. Don't know if I will ever use the grill feature.

Last edited:
When I assemble the Camp Chef if I have any thing that might make it easier that I think might help I'll PM you.
Thanks Rich, much appreciated.
From the looks of things, given this weather, it might not be until spring before I open the box once it gets here. :)

No snow our way yet, however, the weather here gets freaky between now and early January. We can have temps near 70 one day, and have it drop to the 30s the next. The weatherman says this area has the most unpredictable (hard to forecast) weather in the world.

Speaking of winter solstice, I know the northern climates get less sunshine in the winter than the south, but during summer solstice, the northern US gets more hours of sunshine than we do! And the gulf coast states get less summer sunshine than we do. I find that hard to believe.

When did Amazon turn into a Chinese bazaar??
Shopping on Amazon has become frustrating. From steak knives that rust, meat grinders with plastic gears, watches & wind chimes that are being reported as complete counterfeits in user reviews, I'm losing confidence in Amazon.

Reviews have become questionable as well. Right below the "No name counterfeit" reviews, are often several poorly written "Is good for me" reviews.

Anybody else having issues, noticing this?

So, my new boss, who started a whole 3 days before I did and knew squat about batteries, doesn't like to be called boss!
He said to call him buddy or pal or by his name.
I've been calling my immediate supervisor boss for as long as I can remember, whether I respected him as a boss or not.
He seems to forget that I introduced myself on the day he started as a "former and future trouble maker".
He has NO clue what he's in for! :p

In 20+ years of driving a truck and delivering batteries, we never got a Christmas bonus.
The first couple years, our boss gave us a small Best Buy gift certificate, but nothing in years!
They had been giving us a $25 gift certificate to a grocery store at Thanksgiving, but even that dried u the last few years.
So, imagine my surprise when I got a $25 dollar e-gift card for Thanksgiving! We could get it to Amazon, Home Depot, Starbucks and several others. I chose Amazon.
Then, on Thursday, the day after Christmas, we got a $40 e-gift card, available to the same places!
While it's not a bonus, it's nice to finally be recognized as an employee!
And, yes, I used the link to spend them!

That's great to hear Phil. I'm just glad I'm out of the corporate world. I had to retire 5 years earlier than I wanted too because the corporation I worked for said to us that had over 30 years of service if we didn't our pensions would be cut in half. Thank you so much AT&T.

Back