Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

The key is to click on the little image icon which takes you url and wrap it with BBcode tags.
Again, depends on whether you're mobile or desktop. You only get the little image icon (photo of a tree icon) when using the desktop version of the forum; when using the mobile version, no such icon that I can find.

But yes, you can add the bbcode manually, which I’m doing here using iOS. Very tedious.

XfuZLuL.jpg

Again, depends on whether you're mobile or desktop. You only get the little image icon (photo of a tree icon) when using the desktop version of the forum; when using the mobile version, no such icon that I can find.

Learned something everyday. I usually read the site on my desktop or iPad but not on the phone so I didn’t realize this.

I tried but I can't find them on the imgur app. The Photobucket app says my free account is out of space.

That being said you didn't miss anything by not taking all of the two or three seconds to click the link and then click back.

Now don't get me wrong. It would be nice if this site would host pictures. But it doesn't and I accept and deal with that.

It's not always 2 or 3 seconds. More times than not (on Windows anyway) if you click on a link it opens but than depending on the browser loses track of what you were viewing prior so then you have to go searching for it again. So not bothering is how "I deal with it". Not being rude, and wasn't when I told you and as you've seen from other members they "deal" with it as I do.
I don't have a clue how iOS and such handles Imagur or non desktop versions either since I can't figure out how anyone actually "uses" a handheld device to do this anyway. I guess the years and nerve injuries over those years have taken that away. Oddly if the link is not a photo but say to a CL or FB ad the browser typically just opens a new "window" and nothing is lost in the process.
Here https://simpletractors.com/forums/ is another forum I belong to. I don't know how it compares to VBB or what cost comparison there is. I do know the mod runs it in 2 versions. Some with larger files i.e. full service manual links and such are only available to paid members. But, ALL members can simply drag and drop photos or videos to the site.

More times than not (on Windows anyway) if you click on a link it opens but than depending on the browser loses track of what you were viewing prior so then you have to go searching for it again.

That happens to me from time to time. On both mobile and desktop. It is frustrating when it does happen, but it's not often. I'm not sure why you are getting so unlucky.

What browser are you using? I wonder if that could have something to do with it?.

"I can't figure out how anyone actually "uses" a handheld device to do this anyway."

I understand that. It's definitely better using a PC. But for quick replies and just reading threads mobile is OK, and convenient. I can do it from anywhere.

"I can't figure out how anyone actually "uses" a handheld device to do this anyway."

I understand that. It's definitely better using a PC. But for quick replies and just reading threads mobile is OK, and convenient. I can do it from anywhere.

Jason, I can do it fairly easy from my iPad, but haven't tried it from my iPhone.

Looks like I knew something that America's test Kitchen just figured out, the snake method on a Weber Kettle.
They said it took 2 years and over 200 pounds, but they figured out how to cook a whole brisket, start to finish, low and slow on a kettle!
They need to subscribe to this forum!
48646972808_5e1c17a6b8_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]

so far I have done ribs pork butt and brisket on the kettle using the snake method. Okay I'll admit I've only cooked one brisket in my life and it was using snake method on the kettle. The ribs and pork butt turned out great. The brisket was edible. I may have done better with the brisket on my old stick burner but I can't say for sure since I've never done one before.

Looks like I knew something that America's test Kitchen just figured out, the snake method on a Weber Kettle.
They said it took 2 years and over 200 pounds, but they figured out how to cook a whole brisket, start to finish, low and slow on a kettle!
They need to subscribe to this forum!
48646972808_5e1c17a6b8_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]

I thought the same thing when I watched that episode...

FWIW I tried the Imagur app for Android. I don't know if it is as bad for iOS users (I would have to think so since both are Unix core OS) so I fully understand the issue. I also will OCCASIONALLY use my Android phone/tablet to peruse and browse and occasionally answer a quick question but NEVER to try posting and never will. Especially now that I have seen how bad the Imagr App is

your NFL standings after week 2
how is YOUR team doing? ;)

UYPcIdR.jpg
FjY7dnp.jpg

DfaSABp.jpg
vzIp4Gr.jpg

packers-3904.gif
9 undefeated teams and 7 teams that can't shake a stick. hmmmm……
should be an interesting season.

But first, the conclusion of our Major League Baseball season.
go-brewers.gif

49ers are looking good for a change. Still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off, though. :D

Looks like the A's have a good shot at making it into the Wild Card. Still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off, though. :D

After the football Cardinals left town, then the Rams, and the CK kneel, I'm glad I'm done with pro-ball.
I truly don't miss watching the NFL one bit.
Go MIZZOU!

mizzou_350x219.jpg

I don't follow football as much as I used to, but that's a function of how well my local team is doing. I admit I'm a fair weather fan. I've gotten a lot more interested in baseball since retiring, it just fits my pace of life.

My team is 1-1, but I really don't know what to expect with the late retirement of Luck and the kicking woes of Vinatieri. Going to be interesting.

My team is 0-2. :mad:
My 2 cents on it is that Cam's shoulder hasn't healed fully.
My surgeon said that while I could go back to work after 6 months, which I will on the 30th, it would take about a year for my shoulder to fully heal.
Now, his wardrobe is a whole different matter! :p

Anyone here watching Ken Burn's Country Music documentary?

I learned some things about the genre that I never knew before. It's a great history lesson. I didn't realize Hank Williams and Patsy Cline died so young.

I hope they mention Arthur Smith and the Cracker Jacks. His show was the first syndicated spot in the nation from what I've heard.

They did mention Earl Scruggs from Shelby.

Back