Ranch Kettle is now Operational!

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
Last September i found a Ranch Kettle on Craigslist for $150. It needed some work and some new parts. You can see the before post here. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54673-Weber-Ranch-kettle-off-of-Craigslist

I got a heck of a deal from Weber! The cooking grate goes for $250, but the lady who I was talking to from customer service gave it to me for $150, and the charcoal grate goes for $75 she gave it to me for $50! And shipping was only $7! So after it was all said and done, this Ranch Kettle cost me a total of about $400. Pretty good in my book! Here's some pix.

For my first cook i did some chicken thighs.

The Ranch is one pretty sweet kettle! Can't wait to really load her up!
Thanks for looking, and I'll be posting more cooks with it this summer. Think I'll do some ribs with it tomorrow.

Thanks! Btw, the thighs don't have any skin on them cuz it was so crunchy and delicious that i ate them all! Lol!

I would really like to find a good deal on a Ranch Kettle. I just can't see the $1200 price tag on a new one though. I love Weber stuff, but.........................you can get 2 performers and a 22-inch WSM for that kind of scratch.

I just can't see the $1200 price tag on a new one though. I love Weber stuff, but.........................you can get 2 performers and a 22-inch WSM for that kind of scratch.

I agree with that...but that's why I absolutely LOVE craigslist. I've seen 2-3 Ranch Kettles in my area the past year for about $400-$500, in much better shape then S.Six's...cook ready. I was tempted to pull the trigger, but in no way can justify needing that much real estate. I'll continue my search for a used 26incher, and if that's insufficient, then maybe I'll be able to justify the Ranch, but we all share the same bbq/grilling obsession, and it wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with both on my back patio...but is that really a bad thing?

I would really like to find a good deal on a Ranch Kettle. I just can't see the $1200 price tag on a new one though. I love Weber stuff, but.........................you can get 2 performers and a 22-inch WSM for that kind of scratch.

2 performers and a WSM is three cookers to try tending to at one time instead of just one grill. Also, those three together have fewer sq inches than a Ranch if my math is correct. Ranch is 1104 sq inches, 3 Kettles are 363x3= 1089 sq inches.

That said, I still wouldn't drop $1200 on one, but would happily snag one off CL if I could for a decent price.

Congrats on the nice Ranch Six! Double congrats on finding a nice Weber CSR!! I hope you were able to get her name and direct contact info for any future needs.

Look's great Six, I know what one of my first cook's would be if it where mine.... A suckling pig Mmmmm Mmmmm Good.

That's a lot of real estate you got there, heck that thing is bigger than my back yard. Nice restore enjoy it.

With that Six all I can say is let the party begin. That's going to cook up lots of good stuff for sure.

It would be fun to grill one burger and one hot dog on a Ranch kettle......just because you can. Weber could sell many more with a more realistic price.

Nice!!!
next I see a deal on a Ranch Kettle, I'm jumping on it!! I'll add on to the P1G if I have to

Back