Ranch Kettle is now Operational!

I agree with that...but that's why I absolutely LOVE craigslist. I've seen 2-3 Ranch Kettles in my area the past year for about $400-$500, in much better shape then S.Six's...cook ready. I was tempted to pull the trigger, but in no way can justify needing that much real estate. I'll continue my search for a used 26incher, and if that's insufficient, then maybe I'll be able to justify the Ranch, but we all share the same bbq/grilling obsession, and it wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with both on my back patio...but is that really a bad thing?

Yes sir, CL is where it's at for good deals..............and patience is the key there. Sooner or later the right deal will come along.

2 performers and a WSM is three cookers to try tending to at one time instead of just one grill. Also, those three together have fewer sq inches than a Ranch if my math is correct. Ranch is 1104 sq inches, 3 Kettles are 363x3= 1089 sq inches.

That said, I still wouldn't drop $1200 on one, but would happily snag one off CL if I could for a decent price.

I didn't mean to imply a person could or would even want to run 3 grills at once instead of the Rancher. It was just price comparison thing, that's all.

That's a beautiful piece of equipment! Can't wait to see that thing full of meat and sides.

S, that rehab is a thing of beauty! The before and after pics don't even look like the same grill! I have to say, you did an excellent job reworking the dents out of the top of the lid! Great job, I know you're going to love all that space!
Truly an impressive job!
Tim

I would really like to find a good deal on a Ranch Kettle. I just can't see the $1200 price tag on a new one though. I love Weber stuff, but.........................you can get 2 performers and a 22-inch WSM for that kind of scratch.

$1200 for a ranch kettle??? Whats so special about it?

$1200 for a ranch kettle??? Whats so special about it?

Actually they are $1299 as advertised on all the mega-mart websites I've been to. They're big, but I have no idea why they cost so much myself. Kind of a head-scratcher for me.

Back