Rainy Night Cook

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My last cook before I came home to Redding was some leg quarters and thighs. Rounded out with a couple of baked gold potatoes and a squash dish I threw together in my Lodge CI Dish.

I marinated the chicken in AC Vinegar, Canola Oil, Poultry Seasoning and S&P. A dash of hot sauce too. Left in in fridge about 3 hours, turning 3 or 4 times.

Got a couple of Gold Potatoes on for about 50 minutes.

Used zucchini and yellow squash with some yellow onion and a clove of chopped garlic.

Chicken on medium high heat.

Chicken getting a little color on it. Turning frequently.

Squash getting there.

Chicken done.

Squash done.

Resting while getting potatoes and squash plated.

Last edited:
Plated.

Slice.

Thanks for looking everyone. Wanted to take a minute and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas a Happy, Safe, New Year!!!

Last edited:
You're eating incredibly well, for a bachelor. That last pic is a slice of heaven.

Cliff - that bird looks perfect - awesome color! I am going to try your squash dish too that looks great...

Regards,

John

Cliff, you did a fine job with that bird & sides. Hope that you continue getting some rain and that it comes our way. Merry Christmas to you too!

Great looking cook, Cliff.

This has the feel of a great summer cook to me. Guess you have "summer" weather all year. I love the squash in that CI.

You do some great cooks. Did you see, we got Peavy again, not liking how the team is shaping up

Back