Quick Mahi and Broccoli

G Schafer

TVWBB Pro
Fired up the grills for the first time since converting from LP to NG.
The 1/2" thick stainless griddle took an hour to heat up on med med med. Water test was boiling vigorously, but not dancing. Fired up the other grill to warm up some broccoli that the wife had charred earlier.IMG_20200411_162600444.jpg

Broccoli on first to warm up.
IMG_20200411_162805563_MP.jpg
Then the fish on the other unit with the griddle:
IMG_20200411_163028105.jpg
Flip the fish at 3 min:
IMG_20200411_163410031.jpg
Two more minutes, plate and serve. I took the pic after being halfway done:
IMG_20200411_164316297.jpg
Fish was done, but next time I'll get the griddle screaming hot and do the standard 3 min/side.

Gerry

Stellar looking fish, Jerry! I love how those crusted up on your griddle!

Truth be told, it doesn't matter what you cook as long as you include pics of those sweet Weber rigs! :)

R

Stellar looking fish, Jerry! I love how those crusted up on your griddle!

Truth be told, it doesn't matter what you cook as long as you include pics of those sweet Weber rigs! :)

R
Thank you! I really appreciate that! It was fun documenting and rebuilding those first generation Genesis grills. I just wish my cooking ability was on par with the grills.
I've seen many pics of recipes that I'd love to try, but I'm a foolish oaf in the kitchen.

Nice fish ! One of the best decisions I made was switching my Genesis over to NG - your grills look great.

Nice fish ! One of the best decisions I made was switching my Genesis over to NG - your grills look great.
Thanks. I don't know why I waited so long to convert. Probably because I don't use them enough. I'll try to remedy that!
Gerry

Nice cook and those two grills are awesome. I have a 1985 early version of a brown Genesis 2 that I want to restore. Hopefully this summer I can get it done. The only thing it's missing is the gen one grease catcher and the tank scale that bolts on to the leg.
Chances of finding those is slim and none and slim just left town.

Nice cook and those two grills are awesome. I have a 1985 early version of a brown Genesis 2 that I want to restore. Hopefully this summer I can get it done. The only thing it's missing is the gen one grease catcher and the tank scale that bolts on to the leg.
Chances of finding those is slim and none and slim just left town.
When Slim left your town, he came over here. I asked him about the tank scales. He dropped off two. I don't need them, and if you want one, I'll send one over. They don't bolt to the leg. They are attached with those plastic push pins.
IMG_20200412_095612019.jpg

Back