Pulled Leg Of Lamb

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
Picked up this 5lb locally reared, air-dried, Scottish leg of lamb from my butcher.
I pierced the skin in several places and inserted sliver of garlic in each hole. Use an evoo binder and rubbed heavily with garlic and herb sprinkles and into the fridge overnight.
Set up the WSM14 for a Minion cook with a mix of olive & cherry wood. +/-260F - 203F IT.
The lamb will be shredded and eaten in warm pittas, with a fine-cut bruschetta salad mix & tzatziki drizzle. Greek salad on the side.
I'll check in later with the results. Have a good day.
Edit: Have a grate day all those attending the Upper Mid-West Soiree.

Attachments

• IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Looks good this morning my friend! I was awakened to a little rain shower but, it’s supposed to be fine later.
The great Midwest meat greet grill and swill should have better weather than I have right now!

Well it turned out really good. It was an 8.5hr cook. Foiled, towelled and cool boxed for 2hrs.
The bark was still crispy and it pulled beautifully. The cherry wood imparted a subtle, but distinct flavour.
Thanks for looking. (The pics doesn't do it justice). Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 17
Oh my goodness, I am so impressed!!! I have never done a leg of lamb, but I would have never known you were going to turn it into pull lamb. That looks amazing!

Michael. I could have taken it to 145F IT and sliced it and made shwarma's. But I went the L&S route to pull it and then freeze the leftovers for another day. My pics suck, but it was beautifully moist and tender. Crispy bark was a bonus.

Wow Tony, over the top my friend! Long time no see, how have you been? Do you still live in that story book home? I loved that place. Hope all is well with you and yours
Hi ChuckO. I'm well thank you. This last year has been carp[sic], but it has for everyone.
We have moved from Story Book 1 in 2019. And have moved into Story Book 2, about 2 miles from our old place. We needed more room. It has very simliar architecture and tree-lined street, bigger back garden but I miss the old wash-house in my old pad.
I hope You & Yours are in fine fettle.

Hi ChuckO. I'm well thank you. This last year has been carp[sic], but it has for everyone.
We have moved from Story Book 1 in 2019. And have moved into Story Book 2, about 2 miles from our old place. We needed more room. It has very simliar architecture and tree-lined street, bigger back garden but I miss the old wash-house in my old pad.
I hope You & Yours are in fine fettle.
Glad to hear all is well. Would love to see some pictures of SB2, you definitely live in a beautiful area

Back