Pork...

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
So another Thick Rib post. Since i cant get a decent BB/spare around here atm. These are in my top 5.

Ok Here we go:

Snake on the go...Reused briqs in the bottom...A few new ontop...And some mesquite chips in its way. Started with one firecube @ the end.(end? @ the start ofc) 10 min later the meat goes on.

So what meat? Well this is a cut from the chest of the pig. Back to basics here ppl! Only salt/pepper.

The snake with the bottom closed 75% and top closed 10% gave me a steady 250-275f(grate temp)

This is 1.5 hour in: (exiting right)
[

2.5H:

4Hour mark:

Pulled/rested and cut in half:

A pitmaster sample:

Served:

Have a bite? (i know it looks dry...But Belive me it was fantastic...You know me i will tell ya if its bad)

So this is whats left after a 4h smoke:

Consider that more than half of the fuel was reused ones. And if you need more time just add to the snake...Even rotate the grate if you need to.(no need to move the meat)

This was a Superb dinner. So simple! Beef in all its glory..But Fatty Pork/salt/pepper/smoke,is all you need.

Thanks for you time ppls!

Last edited:
AWESOME Colour Daniel!
What type of wood did you burn?
I love the snake! Works GREAT for smokin' bacon and ribs too!

see you have my favourite spinach plated also
wink.gif

Daniel, that is one bad mama jama there my friend. Pork, the other white meat, it's what's for supper. And I have to say, that's one super supper, rock on ;)

73DE46FB-08DF-44D6-B3C1-A2F090E25F10-5864-000005D09FE0FE4F.jpg

Don't mind it I do!!! Love it buddy! Great pictures and grate cooking! I am a big fan of simple...S&P and smoke...you got it!!

Thanks for your time and kind words! Warms my heart in this cold weather.

Chris L: Store bought frozen tater tots/hush puppies or the fancy frensh "croquettes" call em what you want ;)

Lampe : That would be mesquite chips. Not my go to wood,but i have a bag from Weber that i might use to free some space. Chips like this with the worm method works better then one could imagine.

Jim: its behind the front legs...So no. But its a tough cut. Normally Swedes boil it for 1-2h then cut up to individual bones and glaze em in the oven.(traditional addon on the x-mas table)

500dea5de23d00c08e37d42203835bc3.jpg

You can buy them whole like i did: (mine was cut across the bones)
fdbf1d3b1298eb20176c245a85041b39.jpg

Or in individual ribs:
8c49e6f6cade773ec04641654400acae.jpg

But slow like this they are fantastic!

Last edited:

Back