Pork Skewers

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Guru
Did some simple pork skewers last night - A neighbor raises among other things, pigs. They just opened a little store front down in Hood River so we had went down to check it out, and scored a little chuck of shoulder for the skewer meat...

50523830403_a0b66985a3_c.jpg

cut up the meat into strips, did a little marinade, and let them soak all day.....

50524547361_b0bcf6b7bd_c.jpg

cooked them hot and fast .....

50523818838_0d9ac2aaf0_c.jpg

came out with this- hope everyone has a great weekend!

50524748877_e56db90e2d_c.jpg

Looks fantastic Peter and gorgeous presentation as usual. Sure glad to see your offerings back in the fold. We really like the property up there. A few years ago now my wife and I drove out the Crater Lake Highway, our destination was to see Crater Lake. The drive was so interesting we made several stops along the way to hike around. I remember passing a little bakery that was pretty well known to the people back down in the valley. It was closed when we went by. Our adventures made us turn around and head back to Ashland about 10 miles short of the lake! I remember getting out and walking among some huge boulders with a wonderful creek crashing through. If I recall correctly, that area was called The Gorge also.

Looks fantastic Peter and gorgeous presentation as usual. Sure glad to see your offerings back in the fold. We really like the property up there. A few years ago now my wife and I drove out the Crater Lake Highway, our destination was to see Crater Lake. The drive was so interesting we made several stops along the way to hike around. I remember passing a little bakery that was pretty well known to the people back down in the valley. It was closed when we went by. Our adventures made us turn around and head back to Ashland about 10 miles short of the lake! I remember getting out and walking among some huge boulders with a wonderful creek crashing through. If I recall correctly, that area was called The Gorge also.
Thanks Cliff - Crater Lake is a pretty amazing area - The last time we were there was September of 2018, I believe - it was snowing so hard when we got up there they closed most of the road - We had come from Bend, where it was over 100! The term 'Gorge' is a little ambiguous. We live in Trout Lake, WA which is in the Columbia River Gorge - its due north of Hood River, OR, on WA side of the Columbia sort of at the base of at Mt Adams....

Back