Playoff ribs and corn on the 14.5" WSM

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Used some oil and Uncle Bob's Rib Rub on some St Louis cut spare ribs

Fired up the 14.5" with lump and peach wood from my peach tree

Enjoyed a few homebrew Belgian Wit beers (think Shock Top Belgium White or Blue Moon - but with a kick)

A little fuzzy after so many homebrews :) Sauced a 1/4 rack with Sweet Island Pepper and 1/4 with Sweet Baby Rays, and 1/2 dry

The corn was wrapped in foil and roasted below the ribs at about three hours in and served with cilantro lime butter. The black eye peas were leftovers from New Years and had some home grown home pickled jalapeños underneath. These are the dry rub ribs:

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little fuzzy also....:cool:
Those ribs are making me hungry and. I still have an hour to go on my ribs.

If you dig those Belgian's see if you can find this one!!
http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-Pranqster.htm.

I had one the other nite and was real tasty!!

I completely agree! Another Belgian-style is one that is made in Canada: Unibroue Brewery's La Fin du Monde. Honestly, it's one of 2 Belgian-style beers (the other being Brewery Ommegang's Abbey Ale) that if given to me in a blind taste test, I would have not been able to tell that they were NOT made in Belgium!

But, even the Belgian-style beers from the USA always pair excellently with BBQ ribs!

I also have never used peach wood for smoke before, but one day will get my hands on some.

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

looks good - Are black eyed peas on News Years Day some sort of tradition I don't know about? I've heard a few others doing that too....

Thanks Dwain - love the description of the beer.

I grew up in the south (Virginia) and our tradition was to always have black eyed peas and stewed tomatoes on New Years Day. My mom would buy canned stewed tomatoes and canned peas and mix then together in a pot with a few pieces of stale bread thrown in. Very good.

Ray

Great looking meal right there , buddy. Corn looks nice...cilantro lime butter....that's pretty fancy. :cool:

Back