Pizza cook

Great looking pies.

It's been too long since I've fired up my KP. Thanks for the inspiration.

Those pizzas look quite consumable, Ryan!(y)

BTW, you're not the Ryan Burke who's the head cidermaker at Angry Orchard, are you?;)

I agree with everyone, nice pizza! Too cold and windy here yet to get the kettle hot enough for pizza but maybe in a couple of weeks. 🤞🏻

Hi all. I just got my KettlePizza last week but I've been too busy to put it together and try it yet. I'l be using it in the WSM after I reconfigure it. Anything I should watch out for?

Hi all. I just got my KettlePizza last week but I've been too busy to put it together and try it yet. I'l be using it in the WSM after I reconfigure it. Anything I should watch out for?
Make sure you give the stone good time to get heat soaked. You might need to add some coals to make it through (depending on how many pies you are cooking), if you have the top steel add-on, it can speed up the heating process if you pre-heat that in a 400-500F oven. Build your pie on the peel, use semolina or parchment to keep it from sticking (note, if you use parchment, it WILL burn at 600+.) Throw a couple wood chunks (or small branch splits) about 10 minutes before cook time to pump the heat and add some wood smoke.

Here's how I set up my kettle, I dump a full chimney on top of this "C" of unlit:

1590340137903.png

Enjoy it! Can be a bit of a learning curve, but the eating is good! ;)

R

Back