Performer or Rotisserie

Go with the rotisserie you’ll love it. I’ve always wanted a performer myself but can’t justify it with a master touch.

As for the WSM 22 one day I’m going to give you mine, we just need to get it shipped from California.

Thank you everyone for the responses!!! What great thoughts and input.
So I am going to go with the rotisserie!! I think the biggest thing that made this an easier choice was that this performer does not have the gas assist. I think it if did (with the new lid bale which it does have) I may have been swayed. I have also had the rotisserie on my radar for some time now!
The performer with gas assist stays on the short list of grills I will like to own one day.

Thank you everyone for the responses!!! What great thoughts and input.
So I am going to go with the rotisserie!! I think the biggest thing that made this an easier choice was that this performer does not have the gas assist. I think it if did (with the new lid bale which it does have) I may have been swayed. I have also had the rotisserie on my radar for some time now!
The performer with gas assist stays on the short list of grills I will like to own one day.
Mike: A great choice; in buying my CB Rotisserie Kit from Cajun Bandit I learned that they manufacture only the excellent SS Rotisserie Ring and SS Motor Mount. All the other parts like the Spit Rod, Rotisserie Motor, Spit Forks, etc., Cajun Bandit purchases from OneGrill.com. I have had a few very positive dealings over the last year with both Cajun Bandit and One Grill.com's EXCELLENT Customer Service and have posted my experiences on another thread under "Weber Accessories- Rotisserie Newbie" around last October.

Oh, Chris of Cajun Bandit resolved a problem for me on the Motor Mount for the Electric Rotisserie Motor which is somewhat different in dimensions from the Battery Operated Motor Mount. Also, Brian of OneGrill.com replaced a Electric Rotisserie Motor that was damaged in transit and I did not have to return the damaged Motor.

In my BBQ Arsenal I have both the Motor Mounts for my Battery Operated and Electric Operated "One Grill" Motors

Last edited:
Little late to the game but I would vote rotisserie as well and would especially suggest the CB version. I have one for the 26er and it’s great. The motor with CB is superior to the Weber and knock off versions. CB customer service has been great as well.
The other option you have with the rotisserie option is the included ring. The ring gives you options to use your kettle more effectively as a smoker. With a little work you can raise the grate up and allowing room for a diffuser.90445A28-B776-4084-8E48-1213F1DCA19A.jpeg Here is the 26 rotisserie ring being used as a smoker stacker in the mini-ranch

Last edited:
A picture of my Cajun Bandit SS Rotisserie Kit on my Weber Performer Deluxe.

Attachments

• gGZTnovNQ3ulbxtqFzG1PQ.jpg
    gGZTnovNQ3ulbxtqFzG1PQ.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 13
  • VWhtyZdaTqS9X62qDjxK2w.jpg
    VWhtyZdaTqS9X62qDjxK2w.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I was lucky enough to pick up a Performer Deluxe a couple of years at a discounted price due to water damage to the box (BBQ was fine). What i find really convenient about the Performer is not the gas assist but rather the charcoal storage bucket under the table top. The rack underneath also provides excellent storage space for my GA!

With regards to the gas assist ignition I find that more often than not I forget about it and leave it on for far longer than necessary when lighting charcoal! In fact, when my current canisters are all empty I will probably revert to environmentally friendly lighter bales.

I also have the Weber rotisserie which I have had for several years but find that it does not sit snugly in the newer Performer deluxe and use it solely in my 2011 kettle.

I also have the Weber rotisserie which I have had for several years but find that it does not sit snugly in the newer Performer deluxe and use it solely in my 2011 kettle.
My SS Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring sits-atop my Weber Performer Deluxe "Perfecta"!

My wife knows I purchased the CB Rotisserie, but she just showed me this...
Screenshot_20210323-212800.png
How much work/money would it need to really get is really cleaned up?
What do you guys think with it being a gen 1?

Back