Performer or Rotisserie

I have a very similar basket like that, I usually put 2 bone-in breasts & 2 leg quarters in it.

I am the guy that fortunately/unfortunately beat you to the punch on the SSP. I also messaged about the plum SSP in Severn, MD but as karma would have it I was beat out on that one. I am on deck in case the sale falls through though. For now it will stay as a frankenstein but if I were to get a hold of the second SSP, I'll replace the bowl. If i do end up with the second I would sell you the frankensein SSP for $75 if you were interested.

Cheers!

I am the guy that fortunately/unfortunately beat you to the punch on the SSP. I also messaged about the plum SSP in Severn, MD but as karma would have it I was beat out on that one. I am on deck in case the sale falls through though. For now it will stay as a frankenstein but if I were to get a hold of the second SSP, I'll replace the bowl. If i do end up with the second I would sell you the frankensein SSP for $75 if you were interested.

Cheers!
Congrats!!!
Bummer on the one from Maryland, I thought that would not be a bad drive if you close to where you got the first one. If you land another one let me know!

Last edited:
Yep, picked up the chicken today!!! Waiting until Sunday is not my choice, but the way the weekend is planned out it is first day that will work.
Well, it’s only a day away, tomorrow, tomorrow....
Sorry for the Annie reference, I’ll go stand in the corner after I finish raking flower beds.
I hung a cup hook over the sink for spit rod drying.
The string is for trussing, the cone is inside the cupboard and runs through to the eye screw and keeps it out of the way.963BFFD6-A189-4732-9B84-D130C288B7FD.jpeg
The Oklahoma Joe brisket lifter fits there pretty well too and it gets that out of the way.

Last edited:
Well, it’s only a day away, tomorrow, tomorrow....
Sorry for the Annie reference, I’ll go stand in the corner after I finish raking flower beds.
I hung a cup hook over the sink for spit rod drying.
The string is for trussing, the cone is inside the cupboard and runs through to the eye screw and keeps it out of the way.View attachment 24940
The Oklahoma Joe brisket lifter fits there pretty well too and it gets that out of the way.
That string hole/feeder is so cool!!! Is that brisket flipper new?

Thanks, I have a longtime friend that builds (built) some absolutely stunning mandolins and I had mentioned that I needed a tuner bushing to make the thing look neater so, a few days later a little package arrived from him!
Here’s another look at the way the twine thing is set up.6E0EB48B-05FF-4A65-8125-02B2592CAAE0.jpeg
Yes the lifter is only about three weeks old.

I have a very similar basket bought-off "OneGrill.com" in my BBQ Arsenal. In viewing your photo it appears that you are spinning some Pork Steaks, so, how long did it take for them to be fully cooked?
It is an OnlyFire SS basket from Amazon. I think those two brands might be the same company. The meat was buttermilk brined chicken thighs. They finished in 45-50 minutes. I briefly removed the spit late in the cook to insert the cooking grate so I could direct grill some asparagus. Perfect skin and flavors.

First run of the new rotisserie
Postponed until tomorrow...
Nasty weather, wind and rain all day today.
Bummer, Michael. Looking forward to seeing the cook tomorrow.

Sorry guys, I have not got to use it yet. My oldest hairline fractured her arm on Monday, I was with her in ergent care on Monday, then the ortho yesterday which didn't give me time the I needed to play with my new toy/tool, while also keeping up with tellawork. Today is rain all day and work catch-up. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain all day again, put I think I am going to prep to do it under the roof of my tiny "breezeway".

I think she has laughed more then anything, it is the tiniest fracture, they are more worried because it is very close to the growth plate.
She is my incredible artist and this is her dominate hand... Doc said yesterday no art for at least two weeks...

She always says my cooking is like her art, so yesterday she said, how would you feel if you could not cook for two weeks?
She is plotting a big collage project today.

Back