Performer or Rotisserie

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
So with the stimulus money, I was planning to use the little bit that I have allotted for BBQ spending money to purchase this cajun bandit rotisserie below.

But out of nowhere last night my wife says, is this the same as your grill? Do you think you want to get it?
Screenshot_20210318-181125.png
I am super happy with my Master Touch and side table set up. I have a pretty tight space I grill in, and I move my grills around a good bit.
IMG_20210228_172358.jpg
I think I am still leaning towards the rotisserie because that will add to my ability to actually cook, but I am starting to waver.
I don't have tons of spending cash for grills so this won't just be a oh add the rotisserie next month thing. Is the Performer that much better/different than my makeshift set up?

So what should I do?

So what should I do?
Rotisserie. That particular Performer does not have the gas assist, so the built-in table is the only new thing you get. And you already have a table.

Attachments

• D563BCA1-B484-431A-9DEE-1A9658D22FBD.jpeg
    D563BCA1-B484-431A-9DEE-1A9658D22FBD.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 18
  • E5768270-5E07-4127-87CE-B2F39AADFB8E.jpeg
    E5768270-5E07-4127-87CE-B2F39AADFB8E.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 9CB6E006-2793-4F22-9F4E-E7811DB672FE.jpeg
    9CB6E006-2793-4F22-9F4E-E7811DB672FE.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 18
My .02¢.
I would go rotisserie. Only difference between your master touch and that performer is the attached table. Yes, it is handy (that is the model I have) but you already have the table issue covered. And a different table if needed down the road is easier in all ways. A folding table helps with space and ease of moving. The benefit of having an additional arrow in the quiver re cooking methods out weighs the benefit of a built in table. IMHO.

Hi Michael. First, bless your wife; what a beautiful appreciation she has for you. Secondly, that's probably the only reason I'm replying to your thread, lol. Just based on what you've shared here I fully agree with others' input, especially given that you've already shown interest in a rotisserie. I have a Master-Touch Kettle and a Performer Deluxe and while I appreciate the Performer Deluxe I could live without it if need be.

What I would not want to live without is the rotisserie. Spinning food on my rotisserie yields the same result whether I do so on my Kettle or my Performer. If you buy the Performer you're missing-out on a rotisserie and something you've already contemplated; if you buy the rotisserie you're missing-out on a fixed table.

OK, I'll be the black sheep here. If you don't already have a Performer, for $200, get it! You will kick yourself later if you don't.
My wife loves rotisserie chicken but we buy it at the groceries store deli where it is the same price per lb. as in the meat case. So, that makes it harder to justify owning one. Flame suit on. 😀

No flaming here either. That is a great price on the Performer without a doubt. Another table vs a rotisserie.... I would go with the roti.

Also the seller is misrepresenting the price of a new Performer Premium. It's not $450. It's $399. Even the Performer Deluxe with Gas Assist is less than that at $439. For $40 over the life of the grill, I'm surprised Weber sells any of the Premiums at all.

Also the seller is misrepresenting the price of a new Performer Premium. It's not $450. It's $399. Even the Performer Deluxe with Gas Assist is less than that at $439. For $40 over the life of the grill, I'm surprised Weber sells any of the Premiums at all.
Agreed. Got my Performer during a sale at Home Depot for 250. End of season probably. But if I had to choose between both at full price, for the $40.00 I would go with gas assist just because.
But back to the OP question, a driveway grill doesn’t give you a roti.
Colin, if I ever move to your neck of the woods, I will move into your neighborhood. I have a 2 man pot stirrer that we can have a lot of fun with.😂

Gas assit is not in question here as neither has that option ,but the performer is a much more stable platform to cook from and easier to move around. A roti us nice but not high on my list as stated I can buy a chicken cooked for cheaper than I can cook it. Plus I see rotisserie on CK and Facebook often at good prices.

If you watch Facebook Marketplace like a hawk and keep some cash on you, you can find a nice gas assist Performer for $100-150. I've bought plenty of them.

For this situation, I think you should buy the roto. Those rarely ever come up for sale on FB.

If you really want a Performer, then you and your wife watch FB, check every hour or so...you'll find a good deal within a few weeks or sooner. Buy the used Performer. Then clean up your master-touch really well and re-coup most of the money you spent on the used Performer.

Full disclosure: I have only had 1 rotisserie and it was for a Genesis gasser. I used it once, was cool, but never used it again. Ended up selling it with that Genesis. I don't think I'll own another rotisserie, unless I happen to get one with one of my flip grills....but if you really want one, you should buy one. Used Performers are all over the place.

Last edited:
Like others have said, get a gas assist Performer. Once you have that, then consider the rotisserie. I had a roti and just found that I didn't use it that much. It was kind of cool and I even had a ribolator setup, but other than as a novelty for parties, I just didn't use it that much. But, my gas assist Performer I use every time I cook. It's my workhorse. Tell the wife you love her and her idea but you want to use the money on a gas assist Performer and I would actually wait on an SSP.

I’m glad you guys find used performers “all the time” they sure as heck don’t show up around here very often and, when they do, they want the long dollar for them!
I have a buddy that does cement work, I’m considering building a long table performer with a slot for a Smokey Joe but, I’m not sure where I would put it!

Before I went solely to the Smokefire I had a gas assist performer and the CB Roti. I used both a lot and loved them both. You said "I think I am still leaning towards the rotisserie because that will add to my ability to actually cook." You're right. The Performer won't give you another method of cooking but the roti will. Tough decision. Good luck.

In January, 2020 I got a "real deal" on a Weber Performer Deluxe which had a quoted price from a Costa Rican Authorized Dealership of $650 but I got it out-the-door for a price of $550.;)

I later bought a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit which is a great piece-of-work; in fact, I really enjoy Rotisserie Cooking to the point that I am now thinking of buying another Weber Kettle to semi-permanently park and cook a couple times a week using my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie for stand-alone Rotisserie Cooking.

My recommendation: Buy the "Bandit" and then if you can afford it and have the space buy the Weber Performer for a place to cook and park your "Bandit".

Last edited:

Back