Pepperoni Snack Sticks

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I made some snack sticks this past weekend with some brisket and pork trim I had saved up. I used a recipe from 2GuysandaCooler youtube channed.

Here's my ingredients.

My worksheet.

Getting the meat ground up on the 6mm die.

First time using this product, encapsulated citric acid. This is to give the pepperoni that tangy taste without having to ferment.

I ran the meat through a 2nd grind at 4.5mm.

After hand mixing the meat.

Stuffed into sheep casings. This was my first time every using sheep casings. I had a few blowouts and a very uneven stuff, but not bad for a first try.

Cooked them on the WSM using both grates. This is from the bottom grate. I cooked them for a few hours at 150 and then cranked them up to 180 to finish. I used the signals/billows to maintain those low temps just using the minion method. It works great in this weather, we'll see when it gets warmer.

Finished product.

Cross section.

wow - those look fantastic!- Looks like a great recipe, for sure - I tried using those small sheep casings for breakfast sausages a while back..... that's some tough sledding with those, for sure - Yours look really good.

Only change I might do is bump the salt to 1.67% but that's a personal preference. I halved the cayenne from the original and they still had plenty of kick.

Back