Peach / Yellow Lantern Chili Sauce Wings

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Guru
Did some wings for the Monday night game last night - I wanted to test drive a new condiment I had scored recently. I started with a couple bags of our local frozen peaches, added 3/4 cup of sugar and couple of table spoons of Yellow Lantern Chilli Sauce. This stuff has plenty of kick!

Got things going - like just about everywhere this week it's been cold! (I think it was 5 when we lit the BBQ) We've got a fair amount of snow with the the cold too, with more on the way today.

53467920986_cb203e3ccf_c_d.jpg

Just put them on - mixed up some Shaoxing cooking wine, thin soy sauce, sesame oil, ground Szechuan pepper, flour, and corn starch

53468239754_197d0d3004_c_d.jpg

Then sauced them after about 50 minutes:

53467010852_51f9ff8c1a_c_d.jpg

topped them with a little parm and green onion

53468239539_79e8efd1f1_c_d.jpg

one more from the top: Spicy goodness to help stay warm! -

53468239749_c3dd53d35e_c_d.jpg

Peter, I would love to make a jigsaw puzzle of your first photo, if only I knew how to do it. :cry:
There are a lot of places that will do it. Just send the picture and voila it comes back. Some puzzles are better than others, as to quality of material and cut and fit

Last edited:
I need to do this. And I have all the ingredients, except the lantern yellow sauce chilli spring americana super expert. (I have all of the ingredients cause I live in a Chinese house.) With an elder who cooks all day long 😋

Last edited:
I need to do this. And I have all the ingredients, except the lantern yellow sauce chilli

yeah, that stuff is interesting. Living where we do, I had to order it. If that's not an option then any sort of Thai chili paste, or even sriracha works well. A paste brand that isn't too hard to track down is Mae Ploy. I say that because if they sell it here, they must sell it everywhere! :)

There are a lot of places that will do it. Just send the picture and voila it comes back. Some puzzles are better than others, as to quality of material and cut and fit
Thanks, but this is what I would like it for.

Back