Overdue T-Bones

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Back in February I picked up six USDA Choice T-bone steaks that were on sale. They were going to be for a birthday party in late March that never happened. Not yet anyway. Sided these two up with loaded baked potatoes and some fresh carrots.

One of the steaks was closer to Porterhouse.

DSC_3046 (Large).JPG

Did the sides partially during the day. The only potatoes we've been able to get are the 10 lb. bags. They're much smaller than what we prefer for bakers but we made do. Potatoes were done in an hour. Cooked up some bacon while potatoes cooled.

DSC_3031 (Large).JPG

DSC_3038 (Large).JPG

Grilled up some carrots and garlic in a little butter. Transferred carrots on my little 1 qt. dutch oven until later.

DSC_3044 (Large).JPG

While my Grillgrates were getting hot I finished off the sides. Stuffed the potatoes and warmed the carrots. Just before serving I mixed a couple teaspoons of honey in with the carrots.

DSC_3051 (Large).JPG

Seasoned the steaks with Weber's Steak and Chop Seasoning got them on the grill.

DSC_3057 (Large).JPG

DSC_3059 (Large).JPG

DSC_3063 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_3064 (Large).JPG

DSC_3069 (Large).JPG

The steaks were terrific. Nothing like Costco Prime but delicious just the same. Kind of surprised my how fast these cooked on the grillgrates. I wanted to pull them between 120 and 125. My first check and they were a hair over 130. Carrots and potatoes were good too. Hope you're having the best weekend possible under the circumstances. Thanks for looking.

Great looking steaks, Cliff. I think I'd call both of those porterhouses.....nice healthy bit of filet on both of them! I've got some tri tips going on later.....I'll post some pics if I can manage to stay out of the cocktails! :)

R

Sometimes there's nothing better than a good, red, steak with some excellent sides to bring it all together and warm you through. Good looking pics!

Jeff, you took the words right out of my mouth!
I picked up one of those little cast iron pots, I use it a lot more than I thought I would!
I need to do some more carrots, I did a carrots with chive recipe from Jacques Pepin a while back, it was ... delightful!

Mmmmm! Looks great! My favorite cut.

I have a couple pre-marninated vac packed in the freezer. Should get one out for dinner!

Back