Nobody Using Q Grills?

I was going to suggest roasting the potatoes in the rendered duck fat, but I see you're well underway.
Prepping the duck the night before I tossed the fatty cutoffs into fry pan and cooked them off for the neighbors dog. Seeing the duck fat that rendered out we decided to combine with an equal amount of lard and oven roasted some Yukon Gold potatoes. Tasty.

Any of you from Chicago area, and if so did you ever go to Hot Doug's when they were in operation? If I remember correctly on Fridays they would offer french fries using duck fat....I can only imagine.

And about the duck.

It was good, and not bad for my first attempt of a duck. I've eaten duck many times, but never attempted the cook at home.

This year I've come to trust Aldi's packaged meats. Their ground lamb is good quality, the duck too.

Could have probably used a bit more time on the heat, I brought it up to about 168 degrees internal.

I'll do it again, probably spinning it on the Q200x with the rotisserie I should be testing out more thoroughly.

Wife was on 2 Chicago womens softball leagues back in the day. She played at Horner Park right close by there. But we never ate there

I should have added that while I use my Q320 85% or more of the time I use a gas grill, I only cook on a gas grill now <15% of the time I am cooking outside. One of the pellet poppers gets that nod more often than not

Never took action on buying a Q as my Weber Performer Deluxe with the gas assist lights-up the charcoal in less than 20 minutes and turns-out great eats with that charcoal taste.

Attachments

• ABA91000-0247-4D88-9C5C-36414C1BAE33.jpeg
    ABA91000-0247-4D88-9C5C-36414C1BAE33.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 4
I was always sceptical about the Q's, then I saw one on eBay for a great price locally and he delivered. It's an old Q100 but he really looked after it. It's now my go to for cooking a quick midweek meal for myself. Shame the little gas bottles run out quickly but I could change the regulator and hook up to a 5kg gas bottle I suppose.

PDay, you can also buy a simply adpater hose that allows you to hook the grill up directly to the bulk LP tank. They don't cost much either and work well. But, I do suggest that you buy one only as long as you need. The longer the hose, the more chance of accidentally tripping the OPD device on the tank when you open it.

Never took action on buying a Q as my Weber Performer Deluxe with the gas assist lights-up the charcoal in less than 20 minutes and turns-out great eats with that charcoal taste.
Hey Richard,
You would not believe how nice the Q1200 fits on a Performer table. That is where I set it when I use mine. See post #7. Just looking into my crystal ball, I see one in your future. ;)

Yep, nothing to be skeptical about. They're simplicity itself. A burner, a cast aluminum body, and a heavy grate that serves as both cooking surface and heat tent for the burner(s)

Hey Richard,
You would not believe how nice the Q1200 fits on a Performer table. That is where I set it when I use mine. See post #7. Just looking into my crystal ball, I see one in your future. ;)
Colin: The Performer Table is where I put my Weber Smoky Joe fitted with custom Grill Grates;)

Attachments

• 92281EF7-B837-4544-A968-C6EA311CDCF8.jpeg
    92281EF7-B837-4544-A968-C6EA311CDCF8.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 5
  • CA4EFAA2-D199-4A36-8B56-8EB673974902.jpeg
    CA4EFAA2-D199-4A36-8B56-8EB673974902.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 5

Back