Nobody Using Q Grills?

I have no idea what you mean by a "thermostat". There never was a thermostat on any Q grill. For $20 awesome deal

That is an absolute steal at that price and in that condition! Looks to be a few years older, based on logo on handle/lid.

I paid $100 for a lightly used Q100 last week. Cooked some Angus burgers on ours last night. Works great for 2 people.
Good to know thank you Scott! I'm trying for two of them today. This one alsoScreenshot_20240804_083337_OfferUp.jpg

They are supposed to have a shroud in the stand that hides the LP tank. The older ones had a gray panel and the newer ones have a black mesh which in my opinion looks a lot better. If you pick one up, ask the owner if they still have the shroud.

They are supposed to have a shroud in the stand that hides the LP tank. The older ones had a gray panel and the newer ones have a black mesh which in my opinion looks a lot better. If you pick one up, ask the owner if they still have the shroud.
Okay I will. Waiting for replies

Kind of think it looks good without either and maybe a Weber cover on the propane tank?

Josh, that is the smaller Q grill. The lower level Q2xxx grills did not come with the thermometer. While I realize the thermometer is not usually very accurate, they do give you a general idea of actual ambient temps inside the grill and at the very least, they provide an easy way to see if the damn thing is even on. It is very easy to drill a hole in the lid and install a thermometer on one of those. I used to have a Q100 on my deck and did that. Then I upgraded to a Q220 with the thermometer that I got from Larry M in a trade where I sent him a Q320.

I'm not saying what it is or isn't I'm just saying that I don't like the ones that don't have the thermostat / temperature gauge/thermometer in the lid

The temperature gauge in the lid. Looks like some of them have it and some of them don't?

It appears Weber produced a 'newer' 3xxx model without a temp gauge and a shorter lid, probably a cost-cutting move.

I prefer the older models with "Weber" in the lid handle and the standard Weber logo embossed into the lid... I think the castings were better and the regulators have fewer problems.

The more recent models have a "Weber" emblem near the base of the frame and a "Q" embossed on the lid.

weber-q3100-lpg_1.jpg

Yeah the thermometer is an easy add. BTW a thermometer "reads" temps and a thermostat "controls" them. Q never offered a controlled or automatic version except for maybe the electric Q models

Yeah the thermometer is an easy add. BTW a thermometer "reads" temps and a thermostat "controls" them. Q never offered a controlled or automatic version except for maybe the electric Q models
The Q electrics are basically the same as gas in that regard. Turn the knob up, the heat goes up and vice versa. Just like gas. But there is no kind of specific temp setting. On the Weber Pulse, it does have a controller that you dial in a temp and it will control the power to get it to that temp and hold it. Not sure about the Weber Lumin grills.

Back