New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Now all they need to do is develop a robot to take out and bring in the food. :p
Way too much unneeded tech for this old guy.

Now all they need to do is develop a robot to take out and bring in the food. :p
Way too much unneeded tech for this old guy.
Rosie%20Robot-615.jpg

I'm still anxiously waiting for Rosie the Robot to become a reality.

I won't let her flip my ribeyes, but she can set the table, serve them and clean up when I am done.

That thing looks pretty cool and it’s priced really nice compared to something like the ThermoWorks smoke.

Some may really like that technology, but not for me. I won't be going anywhere far from my cooks that I need that. The thought of having a grill doing a cook while I'm off to the store just isn't going to happen for safety reasons. I like having a remote thermometer so I don't have to be running in and out of the house to check temps, but that's all I need and my Mavericks do a great job for that.

Last edited:
Looks like the release date of the EX6 has moved to February 10th. Atleast that is what it is saying on Amazon for my order. So much for a super bowl cook!

Looks like the release date of the EX6 has moved to February 10th. Atleast that is what it is saying on Amazon for my order. So much for a super bowl cook!

That has to be disappointing. Weber sure has gotten quiet, all of that early hype and now nothing.

It might be good to have it and use it several times before you take on a critical superbowl party cook. But, I already predicted you will see delays beyond the target dates that Weber has put out. They are already about a month delayed and while some may roll out in early to mid February, I expect even pre-orders for some to be delayed beyond that. We can hope for the best but better to be prepared for something a bit less than that.

Amazon now says EX4 will ship no later than Jan 14th, weird, I say take your time now and get them right.

This will sound insensitive for those anxiously awaiting one but this reminds me of the adage "it's done when it's done" when cooking certain cooks. It'll ship when it's ready, lol.

Nice video thanks!
I see that they ditched the idea of putting probes through the back of the lid, I also can see I will probably put something on top of the pellet hopper where the vents blow out to keep the area clean.
That said looks awesome and I am looking forward to receiving my EX6, take your time Weber and get the app and any updates to the cooker right!!

Lowe’s just emailed me a $25 dollar gift card in apology for the delay in delivering the Smokefire.

As we wait for the release date I figured I would share the most recent video on the Smokefire from the CES show.
https://youtu.be/1x_K9b8n4Us

Great video. Good to see it in action with a personality that seems to know what he is talking about. Also good to see the screen in action. Looking forward to when I get it in my backyard.

Lowe’s just emailed me a $25 dollar gift card in apology for the delay in delivering the Smokefire.

Wow. That's pretty classy and impressive.

Last edited:
Yah, that is pretty sweet. Did they mention the reason for the delay? Did you send them an inquiry or did it they just give you the credit.
I wonder how many $25 refunds they will be giving out?

Back