New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Or a thousand of us could chip in a buck each and buy him one. :)

I'm in for $20! I haven't talked to Barb yet, as she is at work so this may go up. That would be so cool, he really deserves it!

Lets do this!

Weber I know you watch this, jump in and help us...please!

Last edited:
I don't know how to setup a GoFundMe campaign but if someone on the forums does, please do it! I'm in for $20 to get Chris a SmokeFire for testing and review.

Hope somebody will seriously do this and let the rest of us know in a new thread.

No, please don't do this. It's not necessary. But I appreciate the thought.

I would prefer that you make a donation to the "Buy a Beer" fund when I reopen it as I move the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo in February.

No, please don't do this. It's not necessary. But I appreciate the thought.

I would prefer that you make a donation to the "Buy a Beer" fund when I reopen it as I move the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo in February.

Okay Chris, you're the boss. Hope the move goes better than Weber's introduction of the SmokeFire.

Once again, Chris has risen above the fray!
But, I do think Weber should have sent him one! And of course he should have the BIG one!!

I can hear the phone call now.
W: Hello Chris?
C: Yes this is Chris.
W: Yes we just called to tell you we're gonna give you "the big one"
Sorry I just could not resist. But, I do agree considering how well he carries the torch for the company

Yes it would be unseemly, and perhaps a bit wrong for Chris to accept such a gift. But I still think he is going to end up with one

Glad to see Weber embrace the "future". There could be more halcyon days. Better than doing a Kodak. (Coined the term, along with, oops another, "Kodak moment"

Looks like things are heating up during this "off season". Fun times.

Looks like Weber will be selling a stand alone version of the grilling hub used on the SmokeFire for $130.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/06/weber-connect-smart-grilling-hub-announced/

https://www.weber.com/US/en/weber-connect/weber-1835837.html

Seems like a smart temperature probe. Really smart move. Seems like with it telling people what to do via phone/tablet notifications will remove alot of the hurdles people have to getting it to BBQ. I know I learned by burning and undercooking alot of meat, lol. This Grilling Hub could help people avoid that.

Back