New Way to do Pizza

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Prior to the big event tonight I decided I was going to try something I’ve been thinking about for a while. Seeing we are going to use our Kettle Pizza for the first time (I’ve had the thing since April!) and would have all the pizza making stuff out I decided to try making cedar plank pizza first on the E320 gasser. Didn’t know at this high altitude and being NG which doesn’t burn quite as hot as propane if I could get enough heat to do it.
So here goes.

Guess that should be hot enough.
S1033277_zpsltq3j6lw.jpg

Got the planks smoking hot
S1033271_zpseb7k8nia.jpg

Ready to go
S1033273_zpsoug59ee3.jpg

On the grill
S1033279_zpsx2ncjhr1.jpg

Done in ten minutes.
S1033286_zpsucywudf9.jpg

S1033327_zpsqi6evpti.jpg

Was excellent even if the bottom crust wasn’t browned as much as I would have liked.
The Cedar gave the pizza a sweet smoky flavor

Thanks for stopping by
I’ll do the Kettle Pizza adventure on a separate thread.

Last edited:
Thinking outside the box Rich, thinking outside the box, those are great looking Cedar Plank Pie's.

Unique pizza Rich. Looks delicious! If you're on NG now, if I understood correctly, and your gasser is set up for propane, you can drill out the propane orifices to compensate for the lower BTU levels in NG. Better yet, Weber might had NG orifices and you can simply replace them. Easier that obtaining the drill size for a do it yourself conversion. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Photos aren't showing up here either, but if you use the link Clint provided, you can view them. (thanks for the link Clint!)
Rich, I think I just might have to try this method this weekend! The 320 has been sitting covered up and neglected for quite a while now, this may be just the reason to show it some love this weekend!!
Thanks, and good looking pizza as well,
Tim

Unique pizza Rich. Looks delicious! In you're on NG now, if I understood correctly, and your gasser is set up for propane, you can drill out the propane orifices to compensate for the lower BTU levels in NG. Better yet, Weber might had NG orifices and you can simply replace them. Easier that obtaining the drill size for a do it yourself conversion. Just a thought.

The gasser is a NG one from the factory, when we moved here this house had a NG outlet on the patio. I saw the NG E320 on Craig's list and snagged it. Sure is nice not having to get bottles filled all the time. We do have to use gas a lot because of the fire restrictions during the Summer which restricts charcoal grills. So far this Summer with the rains they haven't put the restrictions on yet.

Back