NEW Traveler Grill Weber

Not to hijack the thread, but that Spark grill, in addition to looking cool, is a "smart grill" (plug in, built in temp controller fan, app, gas ignite) that runs on charcoal.

Other than the Masterbuilt Gravity (which has iffy build quality), there's not many contenders for the coal-fired version of a pellet grill. Someone will eventually get that niche correct. Coulda/shoulda been Weber, but that's not going to happen with the Smokefire.

I see the Spark but it should at least have a bottom shelf or some kind of a shelf. I get it is a minimalistic approach but is a grill after all it needs storage.

The Spark looks like a Performer version of the Go Anywhere grill.
$900????????
But as stated above, it is a grill not targeted to my demographic.

Interesting gimmickry to say the least on both but, the “Spark” is too “Robb Report” for me. My grills will probably out last me so, I have no dog in this fight.

No doubt at all that the marketing people at Weber see most of us here as part of their "past" and are trying to reach out to my son's generation. I am sure they are hoping millennials will like the looks of this Traveler and likewise Spark for their new charcoal grill as well.

To be honest, if I was a fat cat, the Spark grill would be kind of cool! :cool: Slide in your charcoal flavor of choice, spin the knob and get very hot searing or nice low temps based on what you want. Meanwhile you look so very cool, minimalist modern...Old fashioned BBQ? Definitely not. Will it last 10 years. I doubt it. But it will look high-tech cool while it does work and for that target market - not us over the hill guys - that's what really matters. Check out the Spark website and the people in their advertising pictures and you can see that most of us here were not in mind when they developed that thing😏.

Jon yes agree.
Found these specs, it seems good quality built judging by the weight.

Weight
Total: 105 lbs
Kettle: 77 lbs
Steel Cart: 28 lbs

"Check out the Spark website and the people in their advertising pictures and you can see that most of us here were not in mind when they developed that thing."

Think millenial, maybe with a tat and/or piercing, urban dwelling, techie, drinking gluten-free artisan micro-brew while monitoring the wild salmon cook from a brand new iPhone 15. Why don't they appreciate instead a classic 90s Genesis or WSM? Kids these days. And get off my lawn!

While I'm not the target demo, I do wish someone would make a charcoal version of a Smokefire or Traeger. That would be really cool.

Looks like it would cost about $5 or so for charcoal, cook one meal. That’s fine but one has to make the $1000 investment first.

Like I said, if I were a fat cat I am not sure I wouldn't want to have one of those. They are making different charcoal "flavors" so I would think it at least has potential to deliver some really good food with real charcoal flavor. Just really expensively and, at the same time, taking you as the chef pretty much out of the equation. But lets face it, a lot of people like that idea.

I see it's all written in english so I initially had hope that I could finally buy a Weber cast iron dutch oven specifically molded and crafted for my GBS. But, then I saw those 4 letters that make up your first name and I raised my fists in the air in anguish. You and your Euro/Nordic peers with your beautiful flowing blonde hair and jazzy, fancy Weber accessories.

Sorry, I'm really mad at Weber and I took that out on you Oleg. You and your naturally lean build and fancy accent didn't deserve that.

:p

No, seriously, WHY CAN'T MY AMERICAN *** BUY WHAT I WANT!?

Oleg, thank you for linking to this brochure. It generated some suspicious behaviors on my iPad so I downloaded the file, ran it through some security checks, and uploaded it to our server. Looks like the questionable behaviors were due to the hosting site, not the file itself.

Looks like a dealer brochure, since it shows MAP prices.

I believe these are all new US products for 2021. MAP prices are shown for each product in $.
Don't tease me Chris Allingham. Don't you dare break my heart.

Lol. Wow, I might finally get my dutch oven. Maybe 2020 is finally coming around. As soon as I get a job to replace the job that 2020 took from me last month, that dutch oven is MINE! SUCK IT ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL NORDIC GRILLERS!

No offense, Oleg, I'm just playing around in my own late night, unemployed haze.

Now, I will fall into the rabbit hole of Youtube and watch Pitmaster X and leave snarky, celebratory comments about finally getting to buy my Weber GBS dutch oven in America. It'll completely restore the image and reputation of humble Americans. I do what I can....

Jon yes agree.
Found these specs, it seems good quality built judging by the weight.

Weight
Total: 105 lbs
Kettle: 77 lbs
Steel Cart: 28 lbs
Yah, that doesn't spell "portable" to me in any way. At least not to my broken down old self.

Back