NEW Traveler Grill Weber

Oleg,
Thanks for posting. I didn’t know this was available. It looks quite a bit like the Coleman portable grill but nicer. I do kind of wonder how they see this fitting in with the existing Q grills and Go Anywhere.

eh, porcelain enamel cookbox, I'm sure it'll be a premium price like the summit with the same flaws

I'd bet it's not available in the USA.
I did find this, where it says it's $299:

"Portable LP (liquid propane), black gas grill. Features a total cooking area of 320 Sq. In., 1 stainless steel burner, 21,700 BTU (British Thermal Unit) per hour input main burner, porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, Peizo ignition, Infinite control burner valve, and a porcelain enameled steel lid and cookbox. Includes an integrated steel folding cart, 1-hand set-up and fold with automatic lid lock, rigid, large side table. Features a built-in lid thermometer, 2 rubberized outer wheels, and removable catch pan. Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 Oz. LP cylinder (sold separately). 5-year warranty."

Where is Angeles millwork? That might give an idea.
They look like the place is in Port Angeles Washington. So, maybe it’s available in the US after all!

Porcelain cook box. HAH! I would not touch that thing for $50 given my past performance of a Weber porcelain cookbox on my Summit. I don't understand why they didn't just redesign the cart on the Q which is one of the best overall grills out there bar none. Portable or stationary

This looks like marketing move, slim iphone in one hand and slim grill in the other. This is for the crowd that lives on the 8th floor swanky apartment building. Conversation goes something like this...
“Cool grill dude, looks nice, slim and portable” way better than what your grandfather used to have”
“Remember he used to rehab grills, that’s so weird”
“Yes I do all that gunk and grease, so gross”
At the end of the party, the guest says” next weekend party at my place, you bring your new grill ? host says: “Definitely ”

Last edited:
Looking to me as a kind of test grill for something that could potentially replace the Q Grill line. Maybe it is just cheaper to make them out of porcelain coated steel than aluminum. It looks to be between the Q2xx and Q3xx cooking surface wise. I am not sure how portable it will be and with that low lid, I assume there are going to be some limitations on the foods you can cook on it.

It looks pretty cool, but I agree totally with Chris's assessment that it is a "millennial" grill for people who don't really grill:rolleyes:. I certainly hope they won't discontinue the Q series:oops:!!!

Yah, I don't see them becoming a big seller. I don't expect the performance to match the Q, but there are a lot of people out there that don't regard performance all that critical and probably don't know how to utilize it anyway. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what they are thinking at Weber HQ sometimes, but I don't see this becoming a replacement for the Q line.

As the saying goes, you guys are not the target demographic.

There's definitely a market for a slick/cool product like this for the millenials. The kids really aren't going to get jacked over getting the same grill their geezer dad has after all.

While the portability would initially suggest tailgates (which is off-demo), probably the idea is more that this thing takes up little space and can be put away when not in use. Might be just the thing for someone just buying a townhouse or first home with small backyards/patios.

Similar to the vibe of this new charcoal grill that I stumbled across recently. While this wouldn't appeal to our kettle/WSM/1990s Genesis crowd, it looks really cool.

As the saying goes, you guys are not the target demographic.

There's definitely a market for a slick/cool product like this for the millenials. The kids really aren't going to get jacked over getting the same grill their geezer dad has after all.

While the portability would initially suggest tailgates (which is off-demo), probably the idea is more that this thing takes up little space and can be put away when not in use. Might be just the thing for someone just buying a townhouse or first home with small backyards/patios.

Similar to the vibe of this new charcoal grill that I stumbled across recently. While this wouldn't appeal to our kettle/WSM/1990s Genesis crowd, it looks really cool.

I could see the appeal of that Spark grill when I first started grilling. I went with gas because I didn’t want to fuss with charcoal. Now I enjoy the benefits of both. 🙂

Back