New Trader Joes BBQ Sauce and Grilled Thighs.

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My daughter who has worked at Trader Joes for over 20 years in California called me a while ago and told me about a new BBQ sauce they came out with called Carolina Gold. She told me they can’t keep it in stock they’re selling so much of it.
I know the past few times I’ve gone to our TJs here they were sold out, but two days ago I stopped to get a few things and they had it so I picked up a bottle and we tried last night.
I have to say it was excellent, for store bought BBQ sauce it’s one of the best by far we’ve had. Not quite up there with #5 but close.

Did two with the TJs and two with #5101_6838.JPG

The Carolina Gold

101_6842.JPG

Barb grilled up some zucchini
101_6845.JPG

101_6847.JPG

101_6856.JPG We also tried out the new to us Operation BBQ Relief rub which is sold at Lowes. Lowes donates$1.00 to the Operation BBQ Relief fund for every bottle sold.
It's an all purpose rub and both Barb and I really like it also.
Liked the BBQ sauce so much went back to TJs and bought the last three bottles they had.

My daughter who has worked at Trader Joes for over 20 years in California called me a while ago and told me about a new BBQ sauce they came out with called Carolina Gold. She told me they can’t keep it in stock they’re selling so much of it.
I know the past few times I’ve gone to our TJs here they were sold out, but two days ago I stopped to get a few things and they had it so I picked up a bottle and we tried last night.
I have to say it was excellent, for store bought BBQ sauce it’s one of the best by far we’ve had. Not quite up there with #5 but close.

Did two with the TJs and two with #5View attachment 33509

The Carolina Gold

View attachment 33510

Barb grilled up some
Sounds great and looks excellent!
We’ll have to look for it around here.

The Carolina Gold is a huge hit here

If you're looking for a good marinade, this one makes excellent thighs

73I1y2h.jpg

TJ’s has some great stuff!!! We love their butter and their microwave Indian meals are really good!!! Might have to check out that sauce!

Thighs look tasty!

I like Carolina gold wings. Pretty sure I’ve posted my wing cook and sauce recipe here at some point. Shopping at our Trafer Joe’s is horrible. So I won’t go there. Wife does, maybe I can convince her to pick up some sauce. Of course I can make it too.

Rich,
That is great looking cook, I am the slightest bit upset it was not done on the vortex and the performed, but the quality of the cook made up for it! Is the Carolina Gold truly mustard based or it it got a touch of tradition tomato based bbq in there as well?

Rich,
That is great looking cook, I am the slightest bit upset it was not done on the vortex and the performed, but the quality of the cook made up for it! Is the Carolina Gold truly mustard based or it it got a touch of tradition tomato based bbq in there as well?
Michael, what you didn't see is the gasser is under a solid patio roof and the performer is out on the open deck. Now that the charcoal ban has been lifted it's rained or maybe I should say poured almost every day. Plan was to use the performer but mother nature had other ideas.
The good news is we've had more rain this month alone than all of the past three years.

The sauce is mustard based with a little tomato paste and puree listed way down on the ingredients list.

Glad to hear you're ban has been lifted. We got a ton of rain down here in the valley yesterday, as I'm sure most areas did , so it could only help the dry situation. Have to try that TJ's sauce-but another one I've had in the past is Bone sucking' sauce which was pretty tasty.

Michael, what you didn't see is the gasser is under a solid patio roof and the performer is out on the open deck. Now that the charcoal ban has been lifted it's rained or maybe I should say poured almost every day. Plan was to use the performer but mother nature had other ideas.
The good news is we've had more rain this month alone than all of the past three years.

The sauce is mustard based with a little tomato paste and puree listed way down on the ingredients list.
I knew there was something up with you not using the vortex and performer. I really want to try that sauce.

Back