New Thermometer - Smoke

Chris will probably post a link to this with the sites link so the site gets a small percentage to go toward operating costs.

Definitely interested in seeing reviews of this product. Thermoworks makes great stuff.

Thank's for the heads up Jerry!
My Mav is 8 yrs old and rarely use it. I have a Dot now but this is something I would buy for winter smokes.

Tim

Dustin, it is $99.

I won't buy a timer or thermometer from anyone but Thermoworks. A few years ago I wanted to buy one of their timers for which they had only one less criterion than I needed - a count-up feature for checking timing of recipes. I mentioned it to them and a few months later, there, on their website (or through and email ad), appeared the exact timer I wanted, now including the count-up feature. I've been so pleased with it that I bought 6 for gifts.

Struggling businesses need to take a look at their customer service and attitude. I have the highest praise for the company. They might be slightly pricier than some others, but in my opinion you can't beat the quality, care, and respect they have for their customers. In my experience, if there is a problem, they bend over backwards to make it right.

Makes me remember when Jack and I used to present diamond/gold 25-year pins to our long-time employees and the standing joke was that we were going to go out of business because of the number of pins and celebration parties we had for the employees who have stuck with us that long. From a customer's perspective, I feel that the Thermoworks people might have similar values.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with Thermoworks, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

Rita

Last edited:
What would having WiFi do that the current set up does not? Extend range - like allow you to be anywhere there's an internet connection (work)?

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. I have cell phone/LTE coverage over my entire property, but the Maverick RF doesn't. It works fine in the house, but not out at the edge, or if I run out to the store. Probably not a big deal, but it would calm my psychosis a bit.

What would having WiFi do that the current set up does not? Extend range - like allow you to be anywhere there's an internet connection (work)?

To add to V_Rocco's answer, it might also support temperature logging. Depends on the software they develop for it, but if you're sending out the temp info wifi it would be an easy for the receiving software to log the time and temp, then turn that into an exportable file or a graph.

I placed a pre-order. Been waiting for something like this from ThermoWorks for a long time. One think I think I'll wish they did different is the design of the receiver. Looking at the pictures I'm betting that I'd have preferred a receiver with a square bottom and a flip out legs to keep it upright.

This looks promising. I have Maverick's but always open to trying new stuff. I'd like to get this one and compare temps side by side during a smoke. Would be interesting to see results. For. Ex, I have a Javelin Pro thermometer and it reads exactly the same temps as my brother's more expensive Thermoworks probe.

That will be on my list to replace the Maverick when it dies.

Beware though the IP65 stands for Ingress Protection or International Protection. The first number is for solids such as dust on a scale of 1-6 being 6 it's the best so it is completely dust proof. The second number is for liquid's on a scale of 1-9 being a 5 it isn't waterproof, like it says splash proof only so don't leave out in the rain. Would have been nice if it was a 9 though.

Back