New Member's Mark

Wow. That looks like a great unit. Induction side burner is really cool. And, yes that price is crazy. Almost feels like a loss-leader to make a surge into the market.

Well, first pellet grill I have seen that uses Camp Chef’s slide in drawer to add wood or charcoal to your pellet cook. I had assumed Camp Chef had that patented. 🧐

An amazing deal at that price! I think the slide in drawer might be the way to get SmokeFire results without having to have the flavorizer bar/open cook box design.

IDK that it's much smaller in overall dimensions. Especially knowing for storage the MM offering has the fold down side shelf. Another thing I noted is the huge bucket hanging off the side. You might want to give that MM a really serious look.
Simply too big for our purposes. I think I'm pretty set on the Oakford 580 unless I stumble upon a screaming deal on something else. I've got the Akorn kamado and all the accessories I bought for it including 2 bags of lump, fire starters, chimney,cover, diffuser stone, TipTopTemp...all on FBMP. I'm taking my time with getting the pellet grill. They'll be packed with them in the big box stores over the next few weeks/months.

I did notice that freight is currently the only option to get it. $173 to me in central Indiana 😲! @LMichaels did you see this at a club or online only?

I did notice that freight is currently the only option to get it. $173 to me in central Indiana 😲! @LMichaels did you see this at a club or online only?
Online when I happened to be looking for something else. I'll lay odds it shows up in stores once the season starts in full swing in another month or so. BTW if you are a Plus Member as I am freight is free

Nice to know about the freight. I haven't upped my membership since I don't think I buy enough to get the real value. But, I didn't know about the free freight.

I think you are right about it being in club stores this spring. I will definitely check it out. Every time I think about wanting a used SmokeFire (that I have no room for!), I read three or four more negative posts here and on FB groups lamenting so many issues. My Recteq has failed me only once and that was a glow plug well do for replacement. Recteq promptly provided a new one for free "because you are part of the family" even though I am not the original owner and didn't represent myself as such.

With that slide in tray and incredible price, a new one of these might make a lot more sense for a reliable and capable second pellet grill.

Nice to know about the freight. I haven't upped my membership since I don't think I buy enough to get the real value. But, I didn't know about the free freight.

I think you are right about it being in club stores this spring. I will definitely check it out. Every time I think about wanting a used SmokeFire (that I have no room for!), I read three or four more negative posts here and on FB groups lamenting so many issues. My Recteq has failed me only once and that was a glow plug well do for replacement. Recteq promptly provided a new one for free "because you are part of the family" even though I am not the original owner and didn't represent myself as such.

With that slide in tray and incredible price, a new one of these might make a lot more sense for a reliable and capable second pellet grill.
Though, just like the smaller version no WIFI app for it. Appears to also be made by same people (Winner International Engineering) or some such company. So if it is, it's likely got nice standard off the shelf parts internally so can be upgraded with just about any standard PID controller, also things like the fans, hot rod and so on are all "off the shelf" type parts.
I looked up some of the specs as well. Like the smaller one it also has the heavy 8mm well spaced grates and very sturdy construction. Yeah you give up some features for the low price, but you get some really sturdy construction. I have to say my smaller MM is a "tank".

I have a Thermoworks Smoke, so no WiFi would not be an issue for me. I like the relatively compact size and double shelves and am particularly intrigued by the slide in tray for wood. I would like to see how it works in person. It appears to be different from Camp Chef’s, probably to get around any patent issue.

That’s a great deal!
No offense how does anyone know thats a great deal sorry another no name pellet grill with 3 reviews by the way. Low price does not mean a great deal if it does not perform and obviously its not been out long enough to determine if it is. I have gone past its a great deal based on price nor do I chase the ultimate smoke flavor which of course many do but in my house my family does not care for to much smoke so that is a non issue. Nor do I care to buy a grill where I need down the road to upgrade it to a PID controller.

Quote Per Jon: "An amazing deal at that price! I think the slide in drawer might be the way to get SmokeFire results without having to have the flavorizer bar/open cook box design." Well maybe wait for the Searwood and get SmokeFire results as opposed to buying a no name grill that is trying to do the same thing which again is trying to mimic the flavorizer bar/open cook box design that Weber has.

Jon in no way trying to offend you by the way with that quote. I don't own a pellet grill but the Searwood has my attention and quite frankly until its out and tested for at least 6 months to see results not gonna touch it. If all is well with it rather own a Weber than a Members Mark no name grill thats me.

I do believe the controller is a PID. Likely same one on the smaller MM which I have. And other than lack of WIFI/Bluetooth runs rock solid. I'll lay odds as said earlier made by same company as the other one. If so, it's likely very well made/built unit. Features of a Searwood? No. But, again it's $499 not $1400.
Again not wanting to take anything away from the new to come Searwood. Simply information on how to get a nicely sized grill which (if it performs even closely to it's little brother) should perform VERY well.
No way intended for someone who wants a Searwood or Smokefire to not get one. Just a low cost way to get into the "hobby" or habit depending how you look at it

No offense how does anyone know thats a great deal sorry another no name pellet grill with 3 reviews by the way. Low price does not mean a great deal if it does not perform and obviously its not been out long enough to determine if it is. I have gone past its a great deal based on price nor do I chase the ultimate smoke flavor which of course many do but in my house my family does not care for to much smoke so that is a non issue. Nor do I care to buy a grill where I need down the road to upgrade it to a PID controller.

Quote Per Jon: "An amazing deal at that price! I think the slide in drawer might be the way to get SmokeFire results without having to have the flavorizer bar/open cook box design." Well maybe wait for the Searwood and get SmokeFire results as opposed to buying a no name grill that is trying to do the same thing which again is trying to mimic the flavorizer bar/open cook box design that Weber has.

Jon in no way trying to offend you by the way with that quote. I don't own a pellet grill but the Searwood has my attention and quite frankly until its out and tested for at least 6 months to see results not gonna touch it. If all is well with it rather own a Weber than a Members Mark no name grill thats me.
There’s no room for logic on this forum.lol

Back