New Member's Mark

They do sell that Even Embers pellet kamado (looks pretty nice to me!). They also sell a lot of Z Grills, Pit Boss and a few other pellet grills.
I have to pop into a TS store. There is one in McHenry so maybe next time I'm with my old bud in Spring Grove or seeing my dad I will stop in there and have a look. My friend told me they have all kind of cool stuff even buckets of bullets. Seems like it would be worth the ride just to hit the store. I know I also like the Fleet Farm I typically will hit the one in Delavan which is where I ran into Tom Horsman last summer.
Now even more intrigued hearing they sell Z Grills as there is no place here in my area that does

I'm curious as to whether an off-the-shelf grate would fit? And one of the reviews states that there is only a one-year warranty. But I've got to give them kudos for innovation.

On which. That pellet Komado?
Yes...maybe you can check if an 18" grate will fit if you go. They give a primary cooking space of 304sq. in. and that equates to a diameter of about 19.7". I'm curious if the grate can be easily replaced when the porcelain grate goes bad.

EDIT: I just discovered that 19.5" grates are available, for Akorn Kamados, Pit Boss K24s, and several others.

Last edited:
It would make a lot of sense if they sized them to match the standard Weber 22" kettle. So many more available options and accessories. I have a pellet kettle that uses 19.5". I guess I need to look some more.

Interesting internal layout. One of the pictures shows a pullout drawer and the ubiquitous grease bucket. Good find, Larry! I hope you get the opportunity to see it in person and give an opinion.

[Tap pictures to embiggen]

Screenshot_20240322_211717_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240322_211805_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240322_210124_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240322_211009_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I've always read that you're only supposed to use lump charcoal in kamados because of how efficient and tight they are.
I'll use extruded charcoal in my Akorn auto kamado and notice a slightly off taste compared to lump.
Curious how that translates to pellets?

Yeah. I think perhaps the reasoning behind the lump only is the amount of additives in charcoal that is "formed". I don't have an interest in it but would like to actually lay eyes on one

Back