New Grill//Repeat Dinner

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I wanted to add my first kettle to my Weber Arsenal. With the help of so many of you here on this forum I was able to determine that I wanted to find a used Master Touch. After a few misses I was able to score a hardly used Master Touch for a great price. Today I used my new to me grill for the first time. I made the same meal I made last Monday, smoked chicken and vegetables Quesadillas. Every night since Monday when I ask the fam what they want for dinner they have asked me to make those Quesadillas again. So I gave the people what they wanted and made them again. They were even better night. So here are a few pictures of the new grill and the first meal cooked on it. 20200531_154906.jpg20200531_154917.jpg20200531_165757.jpg20200531_161841.jpg20200531_174449_HDR.jpg

Nice score on that low mileage kettle! Chicken looks great too. I picked up my kettle used for fathers day about 10 years ago. The master touch lid holder is something I wish I would have had. I recently bought a PK360 and am about to say good bye to my kettle. I'll probably do a post some day soon on PK360 vs Weber 22 Kettle. I really like em' both.

Very nice kettle you scored there, Michael!! I'm always amazed at how cheaply (mostly free) I can acquire good condition kettles if I'm patient. The grub looks super tasty, too, and I'm sure the masses at your place are at least as happy as you with your new grills!

Keep it up!

R

Nice score on that low mileage kettle! Chicken looks great too. I picked up my kettle used for fathers day about 10 years ago. The master touch lid holder is something I wish I would have had. I recently bought a PK360 and am about to say good bye to my kettle. I'll probably do a post some day soon on PK360 vs Weber 22 Kettle. I really like em' both.
John you are so right I love the lid holder, it is the coolest feature. I love the PK360 and have read a lot about it, just out of my price range right now. Truly the only other grill I would have choose over a 22 inch Kettle would have been a PK. I would love to read your review of the two.

Grilling something, maybe chicken, whatever, yada yada yada...

What's the story on the neighbor's red Firebird?;)

Congrats on the new family member, and great meal to break it in !!
It was so much fun to cook on. I played a little with the vents moved the temps up and down pretty well, pretty fast then let it settled in at 375. Then I played with the direct and indirect heat. I feel like taking everything I have learned so far on my WSM helped me understand what was happening in the kettle perfectly.

Congrats on your new grill, nice looking meal you can never go wrong with a Weber, it's amazing what you can cook on one.

Muah hahahahah... the Weberitis virus strikes another unknowing victim!
Looks great, next you will decide you need another grill “for something specific”
You have the workhorse tools in my arsenal but, I must admit, I have half a dozen that are “in reserve” in the garage.

Muah hahahahah... the Weberitis virus strikes another unknowing victim!
Looks great, next you will decide you need another grill “for something specific”
You have the workhorse tools in my arsenal but, I must admit, I have half a dozen that are “in reserve” in the garage.
I am telling myself I am good with the 22 inch kettle and the 14 WSM. But I think if I found a really good deal on a 18 WSM I would have a hard time passing it up. Now it is all the accessories for the two that I am thinking about.

Grilling something, maybe chicken, whatever, yada yada yada...

What's the story on the neighbor's red Firebird?;)
The red firebird has not moved in the 6 months since we bought the house. You want to go make them an offer on it for you... They also have two Chevy trucks that have yet to move that sit around the other side of the house.

The red firebird has not moved in the 6 months since we bought the house. You want to go make them an offer on it for you... They also have two Chevy trucks that have yet to move that sit around the other side of the house.
I'm pretty sure that if I told my wife I was going to Pa to pick up 3 non-running vehicles she'd suggest in no uncertain terms that I should stay there. Which might not be that bad if I can show up at your house for chicken.;)

I'm pretty sure that if I told my wife I was going to Pa to pick up 3 non-running vehicles she'd suggest in no uncertain terms that I should stay there. Which might not be that bad if I can show up at your house for chicken.;)
I've got the master touch back out again tonight for some cooking, I bet you will never guess what on the grill...

Glad you ended up with the master touch, the lid holder and the extra height are worth every penny.

I love my PK360. Being made of cast aluminum, it holds heat for along time and makes it easy to lock in your temperatures. Also, great weather resistance.

Back