New Boy Toy

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Since the Bronc's won the bowl, I promised myself a new toy. Finally got it today after much studying. I hope that I have chose well, its my first off set
smoker.

As you can see I got a "Good One". Its gonna be guud.

After I assembled it, I lit it to do a burn off. 350* for a hour. It was 32* and snowing today.

For my first cook on it we fixed a hamburger steak. 1 lb. of 80/20 seasoned with Montreal Steak & Steakhouse Pub onion burger.
With some mac & cheese.

Here we are a little over a hour & half @ 300*. Used oak & hickory. Beautiful color & Great smoke ring.

And here's your plate.

All in all I can see I'm gonna love my new toy.
Pulled pork coming tomorrow.
Stay tuned, its gonna be guud.

I like it. Definitely interested in seeing more pictures of it in action (and what you & Deb pull out of it)

Congrats and I'm sure you and Deb will enjoy many great cooks on it. Looking forward to the pics coming up!!

Cool! I'm sure you will like it more & more as time goes on.

I have a cheap offset that produces my best BBQ. I love it, however the 14.5 still gets most of the action.

Very nice Russ, I'm sure you two will have a lot of great cooks with that puppy. I noticed that you have four pavers on the chair next to the smoker... must get pretty windy there if it takes four of those to keep the chair from blowing over.:)

I didn't know we all get new toys 'cause the Broncos won - was that one of the commercials I missed ;)
Good lookin' smoker and meal, Russ!

Outstanding Russ. Congratulations! Like the others said, look forward to your upcoming cooks. Great looking burger, excellent photos and damn, you live in a beautiful place!!

That's a hella nice toy Russ and what a killer first cook in it. Can you get a rotisserie for it? That would be sweet if they made one for it

Nice toy, Russ. When's the first overnighter? :) I'm liking that hamburger steak too.

Nice cooker Russ. A local BBQ supply store here sells those and I have debated one of them. You have to lets us see lots more cooks on it.

Very nice Russ, I'm sure you two will have a lot of great cooks with that puppy. I noticed that you have four pavers on the chair next to the smoker... must get pretty windy there if it takes four of those to keep the chair from blowing over.:)
Rich, the pavers are just for the pit barrel to sit on when I use it. But they do pretty good keeping the chair there too. LOL.

Nice cooker Russ. A local BBQ supply store here sells those and I have debated one of them. You have to lets us see lots more cooks on it.
Shawn, you are so lucky to have a local BBQ store close by that sells those. Highly recommended, definitely worth the price.

Shawn, you are so lucky to have a local BBQ store close by that sells those. Highly recommended, definitely worth the price.

Yes here in the Twin Cities there is a place called Quetopia that sells those, Yoders and Kamodo Joes. It is where I buy my smoke wood and about half the rubs I like. run by a super nice guy too!

Back